I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND WAS DIAGNOSED LAST YEAR AFTER SUFF...

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND WAS DIAGNOSED LAST YEAR AFTER SUFFERING FOR 18 YEARS, I HAVE USED VARIOUS CREAMS WITHOUT SUCESS AND NOW USE DERMOVATE. THIS SEEMS TO RELIVE THE SYMPTOMS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT IT COMES BACK WITH A VENGENCE. I HAVE NOTICED THAT IT IS PARTICULARY BAD WHEN I AM STRESSED OR UNDER PRESSURE. I ALSO FIND INTERCOURSE EXTREMLY PAINFUL DUE TO THE SHRINKING OF THE VAGINA AND AM THINKING OF ASKING FOR SURGERY WHEN I SEE MY CONSULTANT AGAIN. I HAVE CHECKUPS EVERY 6 MONTHS WITH BIOPSIES TAKEN WHICH I FIND VERY PAINFUL BUT NECESSARY. I WILL TRY THE ALOE VERA GEL AS RECOMMENDED BY ONE OF THE PEOPLE ON THE FORUM

[i:ee1756423a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ee1756423a]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Aloe Vera gel I find is an excellent lubricant as well. I drink the Aloe Vera juice with Cranberry to help protect my bladder etc.,as well. Aloe Vera Lotion is helpful when cleaning the area.

This is of course my personal opinion as I find it and realise I cannot make claims of cures, because it doesn't cure just makes life comfortable.:

[i:e6e75af2e5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e6e75af2e5]

• Posted

Like you I am 54 years of age and I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I was told that my problem was the menopause by my G.P. and although I kept on saying I had private medicine she would not refer me.

When I did go private the condition had got so bad that I was split both side of my vulva and all around the anus. I have been given Dermovate and once again it helps for a couple of weeks and then comes back with a vengence, I have also noticed a lot of shrinking to my Vagina. Please let me know what sort of Surgery you are think of having. I am going to try the Aloe Vera gel as most of the time I am in agony - it even hurts to sit down.::

[i:a8ea2a9533]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a8ea2a9533]

• Posted

Since having a biopsy two months ago and prescribed Dermovate cream I have noticed my vulva is fast disappearing. Sitting is now very uncomfortable as is intercourse. My gynecologist suggested using Liquid Silk which he said is available in Boots - it isn't! It is available on the internet. I haven't tried it yet but I will! I am trying to be positive about this condition but am worried it will change into cancer. :?
  • Posted

I am glad I am not the only one who's vulva is disappearing. My inner lips are now tiny and the outer lips are different sizes. I am seeing my gynae in 2 weeks and hopefully she will suggest something I can use. I have been using Dermovate for 6 months and it has stopped the splits but I get a lot of soreness
  • Posted

I hope all goes well for you. I would be interested to hear any advice you receive. :hug:
  • Posted

Sylk is available on the internet on their website, there is a link to buy it online. They also give a list of stockists in the UK. Also you could try a new lubricant called Yes at www.yesyesyes.com

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up