I am 75 and am suffering with terrible sciatica pains what can I do

Posted , 9 users are following.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

when did you have the surgery. i am 14 months post op and still have nerve pain. I'd be interested in hearing replys as well.

• Posted

I was in the hospital for a week suffering from sciatic pain. They gave me every pain pill imaginable. None worked. They called in a neurologist who gave me Lyrica. Pain was gone almost immediately. It works for nerve pain. That's what it's for.

• Posted

Hi sorry to learn you are in awful pain. I too have the same problem but mine started 1 year after a Total Hip Replacement. I am waiting for a CT guided injection to try to ease the pain. I was referred by my GP

I do hope you will be able to have some treatment arranged for your pain soon.

• Posted

Sorry my reply should have read an Ultrasound Guided Injection!

• Posted

have you tried a heat pad? I have a plug in heat pad that has 5 heat settings, runs on a 3 hr timer so if i I fall asleep it switches off. I found it very soothing with the pain I was getting in my thigh and bum cheek. Am 3 week post op after THR and found it soothing on my back as I am not a natural back sleeper and was starting to get a bit of back ache. hope you get some relief x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.