I am completely at a loss, I don't know what to do.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just feel I need to talk or I'll go crazy. I have severe depression and severe anxiety. I recently took an large overdose of venlafaxine, which obviously didn't work. I was admitted to a crisis house for 2 weeks and I see the crisis team every day. I am due to go home tomorrow and I can't cope. I take 4mg lorazepam, 50mg quetiapine and 300mg venlafaxine, but nothing seems to be helping. I am in bed right now frozen, I can't go downstairs or call someone. All I can think of is that when I get home I'll try to end my life. I have told people this but I'm still going home tomorrow and I'm terrified of myself. I'm so low and tired but so dizzy from anxiety, I'm panicked. I don't feel like I'm in the world at all, I'm at the end of my breaking point again. I can't even cry.

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there please. Make a list of things that makes you happy so you can do it when you get home, that way you'll have something to look forward too.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its hard when you feel so frozen and no one seems to hear what you say. That feeling of panic is over whelming. Try to find different ways to get through each day and evenally you will find somethng that works for you and that you are comfortable with. Be kind to yourself as you are as important as anyone else. Its not easy but stay strong. You really do need to speak to someone there this evening and tell them how you are feelling even if you have told them before. Take care xx 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hang in there. I know it's easier said than done, and I've been in that position, but try and remember that these bad feelings and anxiety and panic are the illness and perhaps side effects from your medication. It is not forever. Do you not have a friend or close relative who could spend time with you at home? You do need to speak to a professional right now about your issues and fears and suicidal thoughts. If you feel frozen from anxiety to talk to someone, try writing it down and giving it to someone. Take care x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You need to stay where you are, not being sent home. I feel so sorry things are not good for you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry I'm not replying to above, I took an overdose of trazadone ,sertraline few paracetamol ,herbal calms and ibrofen I was let out of hospital without treatment(this was early hour's Mon morning)I'm feeling unwell with pain in my back I can't explain it. The question is should I phone gotodoc or ride it out?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up