I am depressed for 6 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I lost my gallbladder last July 17. It has been 6mths and I am still experiencing stomach discomfort like gas and nausea feeling. I have avoided all oily fried food, fatty food. I am low fat diet such but still has this horrible feeling. I am having anxiety too due to this. Have seen my surgeon and gastro dr many times and given me medicine for the symptoms. It still comes and very upsetting.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad but don't give up. I suffered for many years with the same but recently have been using pancreatic enzymes with each meal and sometimes ox bile too with extra fatty foods but it's a lot of trial and error trying to find what works for you. I always suggest research and you tube also has a lot of info on living without your gallbladder. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

did you remove the gallbladder for stones or low function ? and did you had the mentioned symptoms before removing the gallbladder?  

if yes, did  you make sure you dont have gastritis, before removing the gallbladder?

• Posted

Hi Billiary I had these symptoms before my gallbladder removal. I had to remove the gallbladder because had multiple stones and the Dr suspected it was the cause. Yet after the op the symptoms of gas and nausea remains. I did ultrasound and everything is ok and yet I am having the symptoms.
    • Posted

you are one of the unlucky ones for not getting resolved! Since your GB is taken out and things are not resolved, the options you are left is to see if you have gastritis, if not , then to remove the foods that causes allergy/gas. if you have gastritis, still  eliminating the foods that causes gas and allergy will help. 
  • Posted

I hope that they have you on something for depression.  Surgery in itself does a lot to your body.  And there is no telling what nutrients you are losing by your change in diet.  My nausea is the worst feeling in the world.  Yes, it is still here and what I am finding are no answers.
    • Posted

I am on fodmap diet. A little better not getting so much runs but killer nausea still there. Put me on anti deps but tried many and not helping, some gave me more nausea.  I am using gaviscon for nausea and dr gave me buccastem an anti emetic for bad days but still no further forward. I notice many people get pain, i dont, just the stomach troubles and its really affected my life and confidence, are you the same?
    • Posted

I was on the fodmap diet and i have fallen off of it.  I believe if I got back on it, I probably would be better.  I am still having pain, but my pain is in my colon area and my stomach.  My nausea is out of control.  Even on marinol I'm still throwing up at 3 a.m. (this morning).  It's just not something a reflux med will fix.  Not eating is the only thing that helps.  That's why I dropped 30 pounds, but then my kidney function was out of wack.  My husband, a paramedic, started giving me iv fluids to keep me out of the hospital.  I have conflicting stories from Drs, even at Mayo.  That's what makes me depressed, and a little angry!  I don't go back to my gastro dr. till March 5, unless he reads his patient portal and wants to see me sooner.  He better be prepared!

• Posted

Hi Ann yes I do lose confidence when I 21st this gas and nausea feeling. I understand you. However with my great husband support I will gain back some confidence. Also I have open up a notebook and write a page of lines that I am happy confident and positive. To all my friends who are having the same problem tell yourself I am happy confident and positive. Or listen to soft spa relaxation music to bring our mind away. Medicines only help but we are cure to our body. Pray all will be well with us and we will be.
    • Posted

It take a week to work. When i had stomach cramps and diarrhea for 6 months , the 6th day my diarrahea stopped , but got constipated , so reduced the tablets to half which helped with cramps.So give a try.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up