I am feeling so scared at the moment can anyone help

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi i am new to this forum i am post menopause have not had period for 3 years

but symptoms seem to be never ending. I have been through probably most

of the symptoms mentioned, dizziness ,flushing, internal tremors, the list goes on.

But the one that is scaring me the most is the fluttering in chest and rapid heart rate.

I ended up in er twice last month where they did ecg twice and bloods which were

all ok. But I can' t seem to calm down when i get this. It feels like a bubbling or flip

sometimes from the stomach upwards. Does anyone else have this am looking for some

reassurance. Can't face talking to any more docs. I have terrible health Anxiety.

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

anxiety is and always has been partnof pms so of coirse its part of meno and peri.

just try to remember when your PMS Ing what does it feel like and then imagine PMS every day during Perry and menopause. I know I used to get terrible dizziness and anxiety before my periods now it’s a permanent so what I do is take magnesium it’s a powder and I mix it in with my water and this helps a lot with shakes and anxiety and an overall just weird feelingAn unsettling feeling just know everything’s gonna be OK and you’re not crazy and this s**t is real figure out what you can do to help you through whether it’s meds or natural stuff

• Posted

Yes that is what I'm trying to say, per dev's comment. You are not crazy. Your symptoms are real and you deserve to feel better. I had anxiety before peri for sure but not like this. And never trouble sleeping. You know your own body and when something is off. And so many women on these boards have noted that they felt fine before peri and meno or only had minor anxiety.

• Posted

How awful. I sometimes get missed beats or ectopics and they are often caused by wind in my stomach. They feel like my heart is doing a somersault. I find if i belch it gets rid of them.

Yakult yogurt drinks also help to settle this

I take fish oil on a daily basis.

Another thing you can try is a few drops if lavender oil on a tissue. when inhaled, this calms the nervous system.

Don't despair. You are not alone. xxx

• Posted

if one more doctor says the word "should" or "could" OMFG!!!! thry dont know s**t.

well im here to tell you with 100% certainty that hormone fluctuations cause anxiety. it happened every tim i used to grt my period. and its happening now. what is anxiety? heart palpitations dizziness lightheaded spaced out drunk high feeling not grounded scared insecure weak legs and so on and so forth

• Posted

soooo what do i do?

i put drops of lvender on my wrists and snell it now and then. i loggt a lavender candle.

i drink "calm" magnesium powder out it in my water. i take an Alive women 50+ gunny vitamin and a B12 chewy under tongue and extra vit d.

for emergencies i have my stand by muscle relaxer and xanax...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.