I am finding that I am always getting sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 19 year old female. I suffer from anxiety and I find that I am always getting sick. I suffer from soar throats and headaches. Sick as in, I used to have tonsillitis and for a whole year I was getting strep throat and eventually got my tonsils taken out. I am a smoker and I could smoke a whole pack a day if I wanted to which is bad I know. Idk how to quit smoking either and I'm just getting so tired of being sick, feeling like I can't breathe, getting colds and flu, also having constipation frequently since I was 16. I have been to plenty of doctors who tell me the breathing and fast heart rate I get is just anxiety. I'm thinking maybe it's all stress? Also any tips to just boost my immune system and not feel so run down all the time? I know this is just a rant in a way but I wanna know there are other people out there going through the same?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey,you have to know that anxiety does weakens our immune system, as our body is on a fight or flight mode all the time and this is exhausting for our body.

Nutrition is really important for everyone, especially with those with anxiety. Lots of fruits and vegetables and nuts. Basically a well balanced diet with all the nutritions needed. Try fish oil too, perfect immune booster.!

And of course, take the decision to quit smoking now that it's early. 

I am going through anxiety too.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.