I am going to have to end my life at some point cause it’s over

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi there, I don’t know what to do anymore.  I can’t explain my whole situation cause it would be too long but basically I had a bad accident. This have given me a hardcore disability chronic pain and chronic everything like depression , anxiety, hopelessness, etc.  my life is over and there is no point to it.  I just exist and obtain food and have to stay in isolation most of the time.  I cannot let anyone into my life because of the symptoms and what this does to me.  The really crappy thing about it is that I am 99.9 percent sure that it can’t be fixed.  So everyday I suffer and think about living like I do now for say the next 30 years or so until I die and I just cannot even imagine spanning that much time with this disability and all these symptoms and living in isolation.  There is no way that I can do that.  But here I am still for now.  But I really feel like my time is coming to an end sooner than later.  If anybody has any ideas please let me know and I hope anyone else who is suffering can get better.

2 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Charlie

So sorry to hear about your accident I can’t even imagine what you must be going through but I do feel for you and the impact it’s having on your life no one deserves that. 

Have you been referred to a pain management clinic? Are your Doctors supportive? Please don’t give up xx

• Posted

Hi am sorry to barge in your conversation but i am so glad you said what you said i got in touch with charlie and told him my story and told him there is hope and not to give up and some replied to me telling me what i said was a load of nonsense it made me so angry, no one should tell you give up and there is no hope, it is cruel he said what i said is unrealistic, i have been through hell and back and i still thick life is worth living, and i hope charlie would want to get the help he needs, so i hope you do not mind me sending you this, it gave me faith in what i do, i love helping people and so do most of the people that joined this forum 
    • Posted

Hi jay babes 

I’m a bit lost has someone been horrible to you and Charlie? How awful hope your both ok x

• Posted

Hi Sherri yes they have , i sent a lovely message to charlie reassuring him that life is worth living after i told him my story and what i had and still are going through, and this horrible person told me my response was rubbish and unrealistic, and i should keep my thoughts and help to myself , and i was a joke, and he only has not said horrible things to me , i found out he had said alot of nasty things to other people so i had to do something about it, someone got in touch with me to apologise, very lovely of them and they reported them and got me to do the same, i got in touch with you because you were lovely to charlie and he needed it and we both got back to him at the same time, and we do not need people like that on this forum , this has been a god send for me since i joined up only one month ago x
    • Posted

God that’s awful sad

People le like that shouldn’t be on here saying stuff like that it’s uncalled for and I’d be mortified if someone said that to me makes me so angry. I agree this forum has been great and the support I’ve had has been great and would do anything to try and help others I hope they get banned x

• Posted

I know , i hope they get banned too ,i have noticed there has been no more comments and no one has got back to it, my health has got so much better since i joined this forum, well my depression and anxiety has, all the other stuff is a lot more complicated but i will get there with the help of others and medication, love and support, i hope your well x
    • Posted

Yes I’m the same this forum has really helped me see there are other people experiencing the same thing and you can get through it I feel so much better and have come a long way in 3 months I’m going back to work in 2 weeks and not dreading it I love my job which does help but a month ago even the thought of going back made me feel sick. X
    • Posted

Good for you it is lovely to hear people getting better , i am so glad for you that you are going back to work and that you have a job you love, wish you all the best and hope your health improves every day, stay on the forum and let us know how your doing , take care X
  • Posted

Please do not give up.

Like you said , you do not feel able to tell your whole story. As another person commented .. when you feel ready .. talk to people about your situation and find people who understand. On forums etc. This will help a lot.

You say you have disabilities which sound like they are physical but hard to comment as you have not told your full story.

You were put on earth for a reason. Life is a gift.

Depression is an emotion where you are 'stuck' in an unhappy place. You need to find a way to move forward . And find solutions. Your depression has made you think that ending everything is your solution but NO .. depression is a liar. There are many other solutions. Suicide is a permanent decision that you can never ever take back or change. 

Things will take time to improve but they will. You need to find ways to adjust to your new situation . You have been so brave so far so don't give up!! 

Get all the support you can. 

Little steps at a time. 

You seem intelligent and eloquent in your writing so I am sure you have a lot to give the world. You may not be able to do the same hobbies you enjoyed before but with strength you can find new hobbies.

Do you enjoy reading , writing, creating? Think of all the possibilities of exciting new things you can do.

Look what Stephen Hawkins achieved in his life of being severely disabled. 

I think you should also pray to god and start believing in a higher power and that god is looking after you and all will be well.

I am sorry if you find any part of this message patronising as it was not meant to be and I fully understand you are going through a majorly tough and difficult time and YOU are a truly amazing person. You can handle whatever life throws at you . Your have the power !! 

• Posted

Hi Sam, Sherri, and jay babes,  thanks for responding and  and caring. I really appreciate your good thoughts.  I posted on here cause I am at the end of my rope. So I will tell you some basics but ru to keep it short and to the point even though it’s embarrassing as hell.  So I damaged my pudendal nerve which is the nerve that runs off of your tailbone’s and up through your paraneum and through your balls and to your penis or if you are female then the vagina.  It controls all bathroom and sexual function.   I also tore tissue and or si ligament some to. I have this constant tearing and pain with sitting and instability that never goes away for 3 years now.  Can’t  go on trips or do anything active cause everything makes it worse.  Barely sit through reasraurants.  I also tore my hip labrum and damaged my hip and cartilede bad which I had a major surgery for it a year and a half ago.  The hip is way better than it was but still have chronic pain with weight barring and si joint pain.  Breathing problems as well because my right side has no support anymore so it kind of collapses down putting pressure in my diaphragm and heart.  There are a ton more symptoms but you get the idead.   So being ripped up the center of your body along with all the other give me a hardcore psychological problem.  No more girls or dating or even feeling comfortable around them or in public.  So unless magic falls from the sky I will never have another girlfriend again.  I loved girls they can be so pretty.  When I see One I just want to cry and kill myself.  I also can’t stand looking st myself in mirror anymore like one of you said.  I miss my old life with a passion and have nightmares about it and don’t get hardly any sleep.  I have made it almost 3 yes now but don’t know how much longer I can hold on cause there appears to be no fix for it. The majority of the mainstream medical community will denie that this even exists cause it doesn’t show up in any test and I have already pursued it to the fullest.  So I don’t know anymore. 
    • Posted

Charlie, so sorry to see your recent post. Must be terrible -- I can't really imagine. But please go see your doctor ASAP! Maybe a pain clinic can help you ... Sorry if my previous post sounded glib. You really are suffering.

• Posted

My brother is disabled and goes to support groups for people with his chronic condition.  There is this one pretty girl who has the same disability as him, and she comes over with her service dog to play Dungeons and Dragons with him.  He says she's not his type, but the whole family is shipping them.  Having a sexual injury doesn't mean you can't have romance or a normal life - it will just have to be a new normal.

• Posted

Hi Charlie you really have gone through the mill ,i can not say i know how you feel being a woman but ti was me who told you my story, and all what i went through all i do know is what it is like to live in constant pain every day , i have had to learn to live with it and adapt my life around it, it has not been easy all the things i love to do i cant not but there are other things i find i can do, i feel there is help for you ,my mum has constant pain in her back and legs , she was told she would end up in a wheelchair she had a major op, cost my dad lots of money has the waiting list was to long and sorry to say it did not work, my mum got so down, but she is a fighter and kept going to the hospital till they were sick of the sight of my mum and dad she got treat and belongs to a pain management clinic , it has been great ,she is 81 and no wheelchair, so please charlie i believe there is some one out there who can help you, i hate seeing people suffer, and i hate you to give up, and just keeping talking to us , some one on here may have a solution, take care please keep in touch
  • Posted

Charlie, I urge you not to think about suicide. Just makes it worse! I have felt like that myself -- I am 73 with no spouse, children or grandchildren. I suffer from occasional black depression. What's the point of going on? I've thought that many times. But right now, I am in a much better space, thanks to a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) weekly workshop. I am slowly learning to think more positively about myself after a traumatic event when I was 19. Right now, where I live, it's summer and the weather is lovely. I have started swimming in the local pool again, and just got back from a short trip to a little fishing village on an island not too far away from where I live, in Vancouver, Canada. I have reconnected with an old friend, and today a new friend called and asked me for coffee.

IT WILL GET BETTER! Please believe me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.