I am having all sort of issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

My ex-wife had planned on moving my daughter to a place far away (this is Alabama in the US) and when I say far away, just really 6 hours. However, she goes to a great school now. About to enter the 7th grade. It got me upset. I used to be on Cymbalta for my anxiety but my MD took me off of it about 1 1/2 years ago due to "extremely high liver levels", so I haven't been on anything since. Our lawyers agreed that she can't move that far away, but 7 years ago she and I agreed that I wouldn't have to pay anymore child support. Well, now she is hitting me up for it because we didn't agree to this in a court of law.

With all that said, I have missed a lot of work in the past week, enough that my workplace is making me file FMLA. With that said, I have to see a doctor. I am terrified of doctors. Starting last Thursday I started getting dizzy, especially when standing up. I was dry-heaving Friday and Saturday because I had not eaten anything because I couldn't. I check my blood pressure as often as I can. I am on blood pressure meds but I had not taken them in a couple of months and I try to take my blood sugar as much as I can.

To sum this up, I have been a dumb butt, not taking BP meds because I was afraid of my liver issues but finally started taking them. When I took my BP before I started back, it was 160 over 110. I started back on them and the next day it was 110 over 78.

Now, for the blood sugar. I have never had issues. I have a tester and it has normally been in the 100-120 range. The past 2 days it has been like 140-160 range even without me eating a whole lot.

I am posting this in the anxiety forum because I am terrified.

What do you do if taking anti-anxiety/depressant meds when it is killing your liver?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried switching meds that won't hurt your liver.. with me it's trial and error.. I'm new to wellbutrin so I am feeling all of the nasty side effects which I hope will soon go away. Its hard when you know you want to get better but your mind won't allow it. Its a tough battle that I'm determined to win !

• Posted

I hear lexapro, zoloft, and effexor are some meds that are liver friendly. Unfortunately you'll still have to see a doctor before taking anything, even vitamins and supplements because they can too cause strain. But those are the three prescription meds noted online as I'm for people with liver conditions.

• Posted

Zoloft is what I am on but right now only 25mg. And like a dumby I had not been taking it.

• Posted

What are y'alls thoughts Xanax vs klonopin?

• Posted

Another question can blood sugar fluxure? or do I have a faulty meter reader. I took it a few minutes ago and it said 229 then I immediately turned around and took it again and it read 130.

• Posted

Given, I got the cheapest reader that they had.

• Posted

And just took it again and it was 108
  • Posted

So sorry to read what you are going through..never be terrified of doctor!About your BP when do you measure this? Is it a fright and flight response.I ask this as my BP goes to very high levels 175/95 when I go to near my EYE hospital.normally it is 120/75.About you sugar when do you measure this?Please talk to someone you can trust..the answer is not in medications unless it is confirmed clinical diagnoses repeated after many times..did you do a. Detailed liver profile,?Best to you :-) :-)
    • Posted

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday.

Since I've been sick I've checking everything at least 10 times a day. I know that's overkill but since my anxiety is so bad I think the worst is going to happen.

Saturday blood pressure highest was 144 over 90 and lowest 121 over 82.

Blood sugar highest was 121 and lowest 66. I have hardly eaten anything. All I have had to eat:

Saturday: Chicken noodle soup and toast with crackers.

Sunday: Chicken and rice soup and cheese toast.

Monday: Crackers and cheese.

• Posted

Also my main concern now is my heart rate has been as high as 129 and and  the low 78.
    • Posted

Your bp sounds like a fright and flight response?

Do not worry about this.let it do what it wants.Last week I had a huge upsets at home and toe nail cracked open.....went my clinic and petrified of the pain..my bp was 200/112.....later that day and I monitor every day just in case average 125/80..over different times a day...Enjoy summer.Yor life is very precious..I go to lows too.:-) :-) Best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.