I am just do not know what to do with life

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have lost hope in living,i hate the way i live, i am over eating,thinking a lot,even when i am trying to overcome it by reading many motivational books i am just fed up being positive and moreover trying to overcome it alone. It has been years. I have been in a phase where i wanted to die, but i cope it, sometime i hurt myself scratching with blades. I donot want to go to doctor as i donot want to live in prescriptions. I am feeling it that inside i am dying. Sometime suddenly i have urge to cry out loudly,break things. I am just hating myself. I fought for years but i could not find a hope. I have become fat,when asked about plans i am like i do not know,i never thought. I am just killing my life and i know it but i am unable to do it. I know there are a lot of people out there who are in more pain than me, but lying on your bed and feeling blank and unhappy is disgusting feeling. It is just i know out here there are many, who have been in this situation,please help me. Iam just living because my parents will get hurt if i die,else till now i might have commited suicide.

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, once that depression starts to take hold it becomes increasingly difficult to see your way out, especially alone, I can relate. I'm very sorry you're having to experience this neha10092 and I want you to really fight against it. For me, I've reached a point where motivating myself to even go for a walk up the hill to 'enjoy' the view, fresh air, and just listen to the birds fluttering and chirping in the trees, has almost no meaning at all now because I can't help but see it for what it is: me, totally alone, year after year, just coping, fending off those inner demons. It's bleak! And I don't like to look into the future. But in saying that, I do still try to go up the hill [I have to walk anyway to get my groceries] because walking can sometimes bring a little smile to my face through just observing life, and when I get home I can say I tried. No one knows the mental energy it takes, but I do. 

I guess what I'm saying is, please try to branch out of your room and experience nature in some way, even by just going for a walk around the block in the sun, because I believe it does help to restore a sense of hope and a little bit of self esteem as well - weight loss, too - and maybe it could get the ball rolling to attempt other things related to overcoming depression. I hope so.

Anyway, all the best neha10092. You can do it.      

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you seanettle,it has been six years,i try very hard,but you are right it has been a long time since i walked see the birds chirping and feel that sunlight. Somehow i am just frd up with all the things i do to come back again from where i started. It is a roller coaster ride for me. I know for these six years i coped it and i think in future too i have to do the same. But it really gets into my nerve seeing those fake friends,competition in my job. But i think i can do this,i have been so alone coping it that i now hate the company of others. I am thankful to you for giving me a simple suggestion but which i never thought of doing. Thank you once again.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you seanettle,it has been six years,i try very hard,but you are right it has been a long time since i walked see the birds chirping and feel that sunlight. Somehow i am just frd up with all the things i do to come back again from where i started. It is a roller coaster ride for me. I know for these six years i coped it and i think in future too i have to do the same. But it really gets into my nerve seeing those fake friends,competition in my job. But i think i can do this,i have been so alone coping it that i now hate the company of others. I am thankful to you for giving me a simple suggestion but which i never thought of doing. Thank you once again.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're welcome. I wish I had more to suggest but, yeah, that's pretty much it.

Thank you as well. Keep to your priciples and don't give up hope. Things will change.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up