I am just no good

Posted , 3 users are following.

First posting ever on a site where I share personal things. I am kind of desperate, at least for now. Long story short, I'm a 39 year old ex-human man & had a stroke last year. Lost the use of my right leg & arm. After a year of therapy, my leg is coming back a little (I can hobble, but need to rest often) but my hand barely has movement. Which sucks because I was not a bad artist and was finally at a place in my life where I was making decent money after years of false starts and confusion (was I not meant to do this, can I compete, do I deserve this, etc). So I stroked out and now live with my 82 year-old gma and we take care of each other (if you put us together we almost make a whole person). Grew up poor, still poor, we live in a mobile home - it never bothered me before, I don't want for much, just cleanliness and organization, but I was excited to improve our quality of life. Anyway, I was robbed of all that when I got sick, I've been fighting some dark thoughts: worthlessness, crushing lonliness, I cry for no reason, etc. I've gotten good at hiding this from my friends so I don't bum them out, and gma suspects but she is an old school housewife and just pretends it isn't happening. I'm single w/no kids because I gave up on relationships after dating non-stop through my 20s and all of them ending badly. (The final one I was actually in love with, and we were engaged, but after I found out she was cheating, I dumped her and pawned the ring and stayed drunk for a couple years - I break up hard.) I have always had a temper but I have found a happy medium and was able to stop hurting people's feelings by self-punishment, although I find myself screaming into a pillow sobbing in a locked room. I often yell at my gma - she can't hear so good and when she does, she can't relate. I just can't seem to forgive her for being old and I hate myself for it. I read the internet all day or play the one video game I can play with one hand, and am alone with my thoughts which are frankly scaring me. So yeah...can't work, can barely move, can no longer do art - my one passion, I am alone when I'm by myself and alone in a room full of people. We live by a highway off ramp, I often think about just rolling wheelchair on the bridge into the traffic below. I don't want to, but if this is my life forever, what's the f#cking point of existing. I'm no good to anyone or myself physically, and mentally I'm wearing thin. I'm just tired

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.