I am lost can anyone help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on Anti-deressents a long while - Citalopram for quite a while started getting really bad unexplained headaches so i decided to reduced for 20  to 10 it have been nearly 3 months - Feeling the worst i have ever felt - in bed a lot of the time -bones ache - swollen glands - cannot not mange to even take my dog out - Need to see if anyone is having the issuses i am have i am in real need to hear from anyone that might know what it is  

thank you 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi nikki

it doesn't sound like your antidepressant is working for you at all. If you are in bed a lot with no energy or motivation after a significant period of taking the med, then it may be time to try something new. you also need to find out whats causing your glands to swell. I know its hard to get the motivation to make an appointment with the gp but you really must. I stayed in bed for over five months and still do. I am now in the process of titration eg. Tapering off citalopram and introducing a new antidepressant.

Please ddon't suffer needlessly and get the help from your gp.

Here for you X god bless xx

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine i have tried 5 different ones and still back on this one  xx

• Posted

Hi Beth , never heard of it do you know if this is any different to the other Anitdepresants ?? Thank you for getting back to me 
    • Posted

It's a newer version of citalapram, it works faster, and has less side effects.I was also on citi and went on Escitalapram, it's awesome for me. I was also on sertraline, and Wellbutrin before going on citi. Wellbutrin was horrible, sertraline didn't really help, but Escitalapram, really helps, I really didn't have any side effects and it seemed to make me feel better right away, of course everybody is different. If u can google it, there's a lot of info on it! Best of Luck!
  • Posted

Hi Nikki

Definitely give Escitalopram or Lexapro a go. Talk to your GP about this option.I do feel for you but give it a go and it does take time for most people to work.This is a newer drug with fewer side effects and a high success rate.

here for you too.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.