i am new to this site i just had a baby she is 12weeks getting depressed about my weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have started orlistat and being on them nearly 3weeks how long will it take to lose weight ?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, I was in the exact same position as you after I had my baby boy but unfortunately left it until now to get my butt into gear and do something about it. He is now 19 months old and I have been on orlistat just under 5 months and have lost nearly 3 and a half stone. I have started swimming and as Britney says I have done lots of walking with the pram. I just wish I sorted myself out when my boy was younger and had more time with being on maternity leave.

I now weigh 95kg and my dr is very pleased with my progress and on Monday prescribed me 8 more week supply.

Please don't get down about it, enjoy your little girl and get out with that pram, the weight will come off in no time!

• Posted

@rowenajd thank u so much fo ur advice xx I go swimming three times a wk in the evenings ladies only swim as I am so depressed about how I luk in clothes/swimming costume feel ill Luking at myself I just hope my weight does drop off I knw it wil b a long process I hav the willpower to lose the weight and adamant to fo it x aww congrats on ur baby Hun even though ur baby is 19months old x I keeping al my diary of what I am eating so I don't go over what I eat x thus site is fab gives ppl like me a boost thank u to both girls who replied to my post lots of hugs xxxx can I ask did u hav any oily substance when u went toilet using them Hun. Sory TMI xx kind regards XsafaX
    • Posted

I only manage to go swimming once a week as I'm now back at work and have my little boy to sort out but do at least 2 or 3 hour long walks a week. I haven't used a food diary but I have a weight diary app on my phone which I find helps. I weigh myself every morning and it works out averages and goals and so on for you. And helps you look back at your progress so I find it motivates me. 

I do have the oil every now and then when I have eaten something fatty but tends to be the morning after so never worried about eating out or anything. I have drastically cut down on how much I eat and how many calories I eat but do have a treat day after I have been to my dr so I know I've got another 4/8 week to make up for it.

• Posted

Thank u fo ur reply hunnie ur so hav only started using the app Bein two days now I keep a track of what I eat plus I havnt had any crisps chocolates since two wks so thts one bad treat cut out I do hav the oily substance but not had any today so is that normal Hun what does that mean is it gud or bad ? Sory ladies TMI xxxx
    • Posted

I just want to reiterate what the ladies have said above, 16 is not large it is average for a healthy perosn. Have fun with your little bundle of joy and dont get so stressed about your weight. If you are dong all of the above it will show soon enough. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.