I am now 'that' person.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've worked in offices since the age of 18, I am now 45.  There was always a woman in the office, usually an Office Manager type, who was constantly stressed, angry, irritated, flushed, sweaty, unapproachable, lacked humour, spare tyre around the middle, aged 40+......you get the picture!  In my teens, 20s and 30s, I would avoid this woman like the plague!  I have now come to the stark realisation that I am now THAT woman and I wonder how this crept up on me?  😂.  I also appear to have completely lost my sense of humour.  If anyone finds it, please return to me a,s.a.p!!!!

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's definitely me too! I swear I sit there at work and say"I'm going to get fired...i know it" can't keep my opinion to myself. And I don't care😁😃😆

I am that grumpy, sweaty, Happy one minute, crying the next, can't breathe, eating everything in sight, getting indigestion, crazy lady!

Thank God my son is 34 and out of the house or he wouldn't like me amymore. And my husband is so understanding?

• Posted

OMG!!! At this YES!!! I'm currently squirming out of a swearing texting tirade sent to my husband. If it wasn't for twice weekly boxing bootcamp I'd have probably been arrested by now. Im deffo peri but still getting p's... Well he managed to wake me on the one sodding night I slept by coming to bed after a fag and I woke up with an asthma attack. I don't even have bad asthma but hey I did that night!! Then he says the next day "so you're blaming me"?? DUH???? Forgotten how to be nice, or currently couldn't give a #!@*

• Posted

I just read your post to my chain smoking OH. He said to tell your husband - 'thanks very much pal, help the cause why don'tcha!' 😂

It's nice to know I'm not alone!

• Posted

Hi, I understand you. I feel the same. Sometimes I do not know who I am. It is terrifying. Am I a person young at heart and mind, or a sour, ugly, creepy, whatever, old, that woman.

Peri is challenging physically, psychologically and socially as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.