I am one week post o.p as of tonight. No appetite before my surgery and clearly none since surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Toast, soup and applesauce are about all I can handle. I feel re assured that this is normal but i wish my doctor would have shared this with . I've heard of some people bouncing back immediately. I'm still out of work .

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations on your surgery.  If you can stand them, I'd suggest bananas, too.  Take it slow, and give yourself the time you need to heal.  Best of luck!  xx

• Posted

You're welcome.  You only have this opportunity to heal your body.  Many people feel that they need to be active asap, but that's not correct.  Engaging in activity prematurely can encourage the growth of adhesions and scar tissue, as the interior of your body attempts to knit itself together.  Your outsides will heal faster than your insides. cc

• Posted

I need to keep reminding myself that I had abdominal surgery and need to give my body a chance to heal. It's not easy when you are the caregiver.

• Posted

They don’t tell you anything!! I went back to my surgeon today still in pain and still off work 6 weeks after op and still in pain. Then he drops into conversation that my gb was inside my liver which they had to dissect to excise the gb which is what caused the pain and infection!!!
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling after 6 weeks. I go on Wed for my follow up. I am no longer taking the Percocet. I keep being reminded I had abdominal surgery and need to give my body a chance to heal. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

you must take it easy, no lifting, i was told just to do deep breathing exercises , for get work outs you can damage your self internally,   im now over 12 months,getting there, ;;;;
    • Posted

Sounds. Like the recovery from this surgery is not as simple as people think.i am not doing any lifting and the idea of any exercise is the furthest thing from my mind!. Thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated. Glad to hear you are finally ok.
  • Posted

I am 1.5 weeks post op.  My appetite was back hours after the surgery.  I have been off all pain meds for a few days.  Still having bearable back/abdomen pain, still have pale discolored bm, but not the diarrhea that I was assured I would have.  I was riding ATV's yesterday in the snow and over did it....my guts are letting me know too.  It's very hard to sit around and heal.  I'm ready to work out again!  Doc says NO!!!!!!frown

Are you having nausea or just no appetite?  

• Posted

I'm concerned for you.  Your body has this one chance, one chance, to heal.  By giving it the time and rest it needs, you're minimizing the chance of formation of internal scar tissue and adhesions.  If you develop them, you will have problems for the rest of your life.  If you think your gallbladder made you miserable, those certainly will.  

• Posted

we have all had a major surgery, you have to take it easy, or you will suffer,  trust me,;;;;
    • Posted

No appetite and some nausea. I can't even think of any exercise. I understand this is a process to heal and it's different for everyone.

• Posted

I am resting- I get up to make my tea and then lay down again. I appreciate your concerns. I am not going back to work until next week.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up