I am panicking because of long term stomach pain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, three or four years ago I started to have pain in my stomach. I didn't realize the stomach is located just under the left rib cage. I noticed I would get bloated and have the dull tingling pain when I would eat too much. My doctor told me if I lost weight the pain would go away. So.... I lost weight and the pain went away completely. No discomfort, no bloating.... Nothing. Well, I managed to gain the weight back and then some..... Now, the pain and discomfort is back. I noticed it's worse if I eat a lot of carbohydrates. If I eat whole wheat pasta I don't have discomfort unless I eat too much but if I have regular pasta it starts almost immediately. For some reason I started freaking out about it today. I keep telling myself that I went to the doctor years ago and the pain went away when I lost weight. Just like the doctor said. I am telling myself that if it was serious like cancer I would be in bad shape by now. I just need someone to tell me I am being irrational. I don't have any new symptoms. They are the same as when I was heavy before. I struggle with stress eating and food makes me feel better when I am stressed or have high anxiety. Any thoughts? Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its going to be a lot of work but you need to be on a diet that is healthy and slimming. Just take it one day at a time.  A lot of stomach issues are diet related. You are an emotional eater but it isnt worth your well being. Maybe begin a really good daily workout and that will help you feel better and not go to food. You know it isnt cancer. Since everything feels the way it did get back to good, healthy eating. There are zero calorie foods if you do a search so that helps if you want to snack.  I was never in that situation my digestive system doesnt function well when im stressed. redo what you did cause it worked and then hopefully youll feel better again. Forget about being worried about cancer you already had this before and fixed it. We are all just humans and all have different vices we go to under stress, yours is food. I will say i think hypnotherapy can work with you on removing the food cravings as a go to for stress. When ever yiu start thinking its something bad start walking. Walk, walk and walk some more. Its calming and very useful for your health. Before you know it the pounds will be off amd you will begin to feel better and that will proof you are okay. Feel good, love yourself no matter what, we all have issues and hang ups and vices. They just need to be healthy and productive ones. No ones perfect.

• Posted

Why did you gain weight back when your pain went away when you got slimmer? You might also have a problem with gluten!!!!
    • Posted

It's the story of my life. I gain, I lose, I gain etc..... I have always had a weight problem but as I have gotten older it affects me more. I want to be healthy. When I lost weight I ate healthy and walked all of the time. I even joined kick boxing. Then I hurt my knee and I couldn't do anything for almost 6 months. I haven't recovered. My knee is ok but I have been in a bit of a slump. My anxiety was also better. I don't know why it's so hard.

• Posted

Do check the gluten idea. This sounds like just like what my sister went through. She just started gluten free about six weeks ago and the difference is evident in her size (especially her stomach), and in her happiness. Hugs to you Aclaire
  • Posted

Do the math when you eat. Become a calorie counter. Trying to figure out which foods you can eat and stay heavy isn't what you need to know. You need to lose the weight and keep it off. You know you can do it. I though neve r would have associated weight gain with pain in stomach

• Posted

I didn't believe my doctor until I lost weight and didn't feel pain anymore. Keep in mind it not pain in the gut. It's a tingling achy pain right below my rib cage. It's like my actual stomach is inflamed. I don't know why I am so irrational today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.