I am severely depressed.

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am 13 and I have taken several quizzes on depression and they all say it is severe depression I am scared to tell anyone and have recently started cutting myself . I don't hate the way I look , I just plain hate myself.... I just need some one to talk to :-/

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello sweetheart

I'm very sad to hear you feel like this but you done the right thing by coming here and talking about it the next thing you need to do is talk to a parent or guardian and if you can't do that then phone the Samaritans they will help you and tell you what you need to do. If you want to talk more on this forum then please do as someone will always reply to you x

• Posted

dear pheobe,

Can you talk to your parents, a sibling, a friend or maybe a teacher about how you feel?... you really do need to open up to someone close who you feel that you can trust, really you do need to see your doctor for some help.. I know just how complicated life can seem at your age, everything seems wrong sometimes.. please, please try your best not to self harm, my daughter cut herself very badly at your age, she regrets it very much now, she has very noticeable scars that she is very, very self conscious about....

Ask your mum please, to found out about counselling for you, do not feel ashamed or embarrassed about it, your feelings are very, very common... don't go through this alone, talk to someone soon... I wish you all the very best young lady, you will be in my thoughts.... kind regards to you,, Deirdre xx

• Posted

hi phoebe,

sorry to hear that you feel so unwell at the moment. its great you recognise how important it is to talk to someone/people.

it would be good if you could open up to someone that could go with you to your GP, they will be able to help you and suggest support networks that you can turn to when you feel like this. counselling may be recommended for the cutting and depression.

before you think i'm harping on, i'd like to reassure you that i do know what it feels like to need to cut but it is not a long term fix to deal with ones emotions or situations that we sometimes face. there are series of things you can try when you feel this way that may help:

- drawing on yourself with RED pen, if it is the blood that helps

- jumping up and down on the spot / up and down stairs

- talking to someone / going for a walk

- ice cubes on wrist

hope you're feeling better soon x

• Posted

Hi Phoebe, 

I'm sad to hear someone your age feeling like this, but you are not alone and you can find support and help. What you are experiencing is not weird or crazy and does not mean you will always feel like this. many people have suffered the way you are now and come through it. Do not be afraid to talk about it to the right people. Go to your doctor and tell them how you are feeling, they will not judge you, and can start you off getting the support you need. Do you not feel you can talk to your parents, siblings or any close friends about this? Please don't despair. I hated the way I looked when I was younger, and hated who I thought I was inside, but I came see how it was possible not to judge myself so harshly and actually see the good in myself.  I'm glad you have reached out on here, it is not good to keep these kinds of feeling locked up in your head, I did that for many years and it was destructive for me. Ring your doctor and make an appointment tomorrow, there is nothing to be ashamed of   

• Posted

Lifeline are great also 0808 808 8000. My Daughter had a bad time in her last year at primary school and at the time I didn't realise kids could even get depression. The Head Master was the bully and i wish I had been brave enough to do more. 
  • Posted

bless you, you're way too young to be feeling like this, I know you say you're scared to talk to somebody but keeping it to yourself won't help you hun, if you can't speak to parents what about and aunty, a friend? Hope you feel better real soon xx
  • Posted

I don't feel like anyone will believe my depression my mother will either over react or under react , she will probably say ' your just tired' or ' your just stressed' and if I told her about the cutting she would probably say ' why did you do that to yourself' or ' who's been bullying you.' Yet the person who bullies me most is her! She shouts for no reason and says you go out to much ( I sometimes go to the youth club or ice skating - I only ask for £2 for the youth club and I only go ice skating once a month,ish  which is £20) yet she is planning yet another holiday to Ibiza and is out roughly twice a month if not more! 
    • Posted

Hi Hun, you say bullies you the most? Does this mean you're getting bullied at school?

I'm sure if your mum knew how you feel about the way you feel she would want to help you as much as possible, being a teenager is hard hun but so is being a parent , we get things wrong...a lot! Sometimes we need to be told what we're doing wrong, she's your mum and loves you, theirs no one more important to a mum than her children, try to talk to her hun, it can't hurt to try right? She may surprise you xx

• Posted

Ok that didn't make sense lol,

Meant to say "knew about the way you feel"

X

• Posted

It's been a while since you replied to this Phoebe, how are you coping? Did you talk to someone close to you yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.