I am so depressed and scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a bi polar depressive. My husband took ill 2 months ago due to deep depression. He has not brought in any income except for his 401k and we used that for bills. We are 2 months behind in rent and go to court tomorrow to find out what the judge will say. My husband has applied for disability and unemployment but both are still pending. We will be homeless. I can’t deal with living in the car or a shelter. I’m just crying and crying we have no where to go. This has been my entire life. Violent and unpredictable behavior as I was growing up. I had to leave home when I was 18 because I couldn’t live in the filth and the behavioral environment. I moved from place to place all of the time. I’m hurting really bad right now. I live in the US and I called all assistance programs. They are all out of funds. I don’t like my life or myself. I take meds but I am so depressed right now that tears are pouring out of my eyes.

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carmela, I m so very sorry that you are suffering, you give so much relief to others with your kind words that I wanted to give a little back to you, I live in England so I don't know what kind of help you can get in the US, with all the problems that you are going through you still take time to help others, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that you will be able to get the outcome you desperately need, is there a crisis line that you could call? I really think that you need to speak with someone to help you through this difficult time, my thoughts are with you, best wishes xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much Trina such a pretty name you have. We have all of our paper work and some of the money to take but not all we also have food and utility assistance. I’m just frightened about losing my home. I called crisis and the said that I am doing everything that I possibly can. Two churches are trying to help us I will write tomorrow to let everyone know what happened

Thank you so much

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh Carmela you poor lamb.  You are always here for all of us despite your own issues.  The judge might make a decision in your favour you don't know.  I hope s/he does.  I would hate to think of you or anyone homeless.  I am very grateful I live in the UK when I hear stories like yours. 

Wishing you and your husband the best.  Take care Bev xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Carmela how did it go?  I hope no news is good news.  Been thinking of you.  Bev xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

We went to court. The opposing attorney wrote up and signed a letter stating that we can stay until 1/22/18. The landlord was livid about this. My husband is receiving his unemployment checks tomorrow and between that and my social security disability we will be able to pay the landlord in full. She would not take a partial payment like we offered. I can’t find another apartment due to having an eviction on our credit I don’t know what to do. I’m so tired and depressed. I can’t take anymore. This has been going on for 3 months. I was constantly on the phone calling different places for assistance. Now I have to do it again for an apartment.

Thank you for caring

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well at least you have got a bit of grace which is something.  Wouldn't the landlord let you stay if the arrears was paid off?  Or do you still have to leave? 

If the latter is the case then you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and not pay the rest and just clear off.  At least you would have the down payment for a new place if you can find one.  They can't all require credit checks surely?  Bev x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up