I am so depressed woth it

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am looking for advice i had a knee replacement 8 weeks ago and i feel as if i can feel the knee when i am walking and bending it if any one could help it be great thanks

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

yep the kinda clunking  i got that with my revision i felt it everytime i moved it drove me crazy the good news it dosent last mine no longer dose it cant remember when it stopped but i think around the 12wks i felt at the time i could hear it and i even asked the physio could she hear it !!! of course she couldnt but she told me not to worry it will settle down it did but i can relate to it weird feeling good luck with recovery
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

your muscles are still very weak and that will take time i remember before one of my ops the nurse in the hospital where i went for the pre op she showed me the actual knee replacement component i couldnt believe how heavy it was  so its understandable that we feel that its heavy leg after the op so that alone will take time to adjust having it as part of our bodiesadvice i would give you keep up with the excersises drink loads of water  if you can manage the bike its great at getting it moving if not get the tray on the floor and slide the leg do it a few times a day
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

the only help I can proffer is that this is not unusual.  it takes a very long time for the prosthesis to feel as if it is part of you . . eight weeks is still quite early in the healing process, and although depression is pretty common at this stage, I would doubt ithat you have anything wrong.  the lack of autonomy, pain, and the struggle to do things which should be easy, is enough to make anyone depressed!  i know I was . . . Hope it soon gets better for you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Aw honey, it is so common what you are going through. You will get low. You have had a seriously major op and at 8 weeks, your recovery is still in it's infancy. Try to remember that to get over a knee op takes at least a year. You will go up and down both emotionally, recovery-wise, and pain-wise. This is a real rollercoaster. I am 21 weeks post op and still going up and down. Big hugs.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up