I am so scared someone please help me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok a few weeks ago I was watching tv and I started to feel weird and my face dropped and I couldn't talk or walk I thought I had a stroke. I called 911 I stayed at the hospital and they did blood work, MRI, ct scan, checked my heart. Everything was fine I had no signs or stroke or anything bad. I was just getting bad headaches and had vision changes. Last week it happened again and I had 2 attacks. My face went numb along with my entire left side of my body and I was taken to the hospital and they said I was fine. I have trouble sleeping now. I'm terrified to be by myself. And I'm scared at night. My face still feels numb then I freak out. My foot and leg feels tingly along with my left arm. This came out of nowhere. I don't know what's going on. Is this stroke like symptoms anxiety? I feel alone and scared!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Omg this is so me! It's like I have written this myself ! I'm going through exactly the same symptoms as you and I also thought I was having mini stroke and was admitted to the Emergency Medical Centre and it turns out it was just a panic attack ! (not just a panic attack, as they are so distressing and real) I have also been experiencing face numbness, weakness and now my jaw feels locked!

I feel paralysed with fear, not eating and hardly sleeping x

I hope lots of people respond to this as I am extremely worried ab symptoms... X

• Posted

Omg. What is this? Is it hard for you to breathe too? And do you just lay there because you can't move because one side of your body is paralyzed?

• Posted

Yes , and drinking and eating is so difficult and just feel so paralysed!

Does your mouth get dry too?

• Posted

You need to talk to your family doctor regards this, it may be Anxiety and there are basic treatment plans you could be introduced to.

You could try Breathing Techniques to help you control any anxiety or even Relaxation Techniques may also give relife

Mindfulness is the favoured technique at this time and there are books explaning the complete technique

You could also ask your GP, He may have tapes that could help

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, you helped me the other day too ;-)

Can you tell me, I am extremely anxious at the monent, I had another panic attack last night and my jaw feels like it's tight, and my tongue feels swollen ?

Was close to calling the medics but thought I'd post on here first.

Sorry to barricade your post akincaid x

• Posted

Sometimes if you grind your teeth the pressure on the jaw can be so strong it can lock your jaw for a time. This is why you need a brace to protect your teeth. These are worn at night. Sometimes the tongue may also become sore.if you have been pushing the tongue may also be effected if the jaw is tight

Talk to both dentist and GP, medications can be given to give relief to your Anxiety

Good Luck

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.