I am still upset over what my friend did? How do I forget about it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well with you.

Recently I have been feeling very inferior to an old friend from uni who got the girl we both liked at the time.

Fast forward a few years they have moved in together in the same city as me and he is still friends with our group from uni.

The problem is when we were at uni they were slightly competitive. To be honest I don't really like him at all especially after he finally got her he made it clear to me they were going out as if to rub his nose in it.

At the time it made me feel really inferior and even though this happened years ago, o still get memories from that and my other friends in the group don't really understand.

How do I get over this? It still bugs me

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you feeling depressed about this situation? 
  • Posted

Hopefully you get over it. Don't focus on that situation, focus on your goals in life.

• Posted

Hey I want u to listen of this...Go YouTube and look for les brown love yourself 
  • Posted

Stop thinking about it. What they - or he - does in life is their business. You have your own life to negotiate and you are giving him power he is not entitled to. Control what you do - forget about him. Do you think he ties himself in knots about you?
    • Posted

Yes you are right wayne, however the only thing that gets me is the memory of what he did and with his competitive nature makes me feel lower and inferior no matter what I do. I also feel very low because I'm embarrassed to speak to that girl that ever again, even though I don't really care about them at all and my life has moved on since then if you know what I mean.

• Posted

Get over it...if she meant to be with u..she will be with u now..don’t torture yourself ok😊🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.