i am suffering from severe depression, i want to change the way i am living, what should i do?

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am 41 years old male and suffering from severe depression. i am also suffering from claustrphobia, which causes anxiety and panic attacks resulting in diarrhea. i feel bad about everything i did a day before and if there isn't anything from the day before then my mind would dig some thing from the past which will put me in depression. there is nothing in life that excites me and i lose interest in everything very quickly. if i want to get out of my comfort zone and do things, i'll have anxiety and some times panic attacks. i can not travel or go out with friends untill unless i take some anti anxiety pills. my life is restricted to my room only and i hardly go out. these are few things i shared here, hopefully i'll get some positive ideas. i am also taking zoloft 50mg per day.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Awwww I feel for you and I understand , it's easy to say keep on going but sometimes I no it's hard , I have felt like you at times always something in my mind to feel bad about as I have had trauma in the past , I try not to let it get to me but At times I do , but I won't give in But I got to keep on going.i just try to do something every day just simple things my saviour is walking cycling and used to b swimming but loosing confidence to do lately so my next thing to do is to try and go back to that , I have to give my self pep talks each day I am trying and that's all I can do hope you can to take care

• Posted

hi veronica44864,

thank you for sharing things here. i totally agree with you that its easy to say then doing it. in my case its my disturbed past that is killing me. i do try to go out for a walk or may be gym but i am not consistent. my mind just wanders in the past and brings up something which makes me feel bad and embarassed and naturally i feel down. there are manythings which people think are normal but my mind keeps telling me that those things were wrong and there is a feeling of guilt. anyways i am trying to get over it.

• Posted

I am sorry you are struggling with your past I no its crap when the past keeps apearing I can empathise , trauma can be hard to handle I try just to not think about it to much but when it do get to me I just have to declutter my mind I sometimes feel like I am carrying a hathersack and it gets so heavy I got to empty it or I don't function properly that's why I am constantly trying to stay in control by keeping busy hope things get better for you take care

• Posted

thank you veronica,

like you i am also trying and hoping things will get better in the future

• Posted

Just keep trying don't matter how slow it takesjust try not to stop ,and things what have happened in the past is the past to feel embarrassed and guilty is a horrible feeling I understand but don't hold your self to ransom Any more keep on trying that's all we can do don't give up thankyou take care Veronica nice to chat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.