I been having chest pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i keep worrying that I'm going to have a heart attack because of my chest pain from anxiety. I keep trying to convince myself that theirs nothing wrong with me but it doesn't work I need to hear it from other people for me to believe it. I got my heart check out about 3 months ago and I lost a lot of weight since then. They said my heart was fine nothing wrong with it but they did a 24 hour heart monitor my heart was fine still. I have anxiety and I'm 14 and not wanting to go to school because I think I'm going to have a heart attack there

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaleb, you poor thing having to put up with this anxiety. I can assure you that you won't have a heart attack, your chest pain is purely down to your anxiety and your heart is perfectly okay.

Weight loss comes with anxiety sometimes even if your eating normally it's just you burn lots more Valerie's when anxious.

What does your dr say about your anxiety have you been referred for CBT or given any meds although given your age you may not be suitable for medication. 

I understand when you say you need reassurance that again is perfectly normal.

I can reassure you that your not going to have a heart attack at school, again the chest pain is a classic anxiety symptom.

You will beat this anxiety but in the mean time keep posting on this site whenever you need reassurance as there are lots of people who care and will help you through it.

Sending you all my love.

Neil 

• Posted

I've been offered meds for it but don't know why but I can't swallow them at all and for the CBT I did have to talk to someone about this but I stopped going to my appointments but I regret it now

• Posted

Yes I suffer with chest pain when am at my worst with anxiety too and it's only natural for us to get worried ,but with the reassurance from your doctor and these tests coming back fine ,keep telling yourself am fine..a know it's not easy our brain likes to torture us sometimes.. I've taken up excersise as a way of release and distraction as well as there's lots of self help videos on you tube for deep relaxation and breathing excersises.. once you get your body calmed right down for long enough the pain will go. Otherwise it just becomes a vicious circle as we tend to just focus on the pain and make it worse and then panic and the body stays stressed and sore...hope you feel better soon.. am 29 now but can remember being scared to go to school also always thought a was gonna faint...but I never did.. our thoughts are the worst

• Posted

I hope you feel better and you don't make yourself suffer to long your so young and got your whole life a head of you...you need lots of reassurance from all your friends and family so make sure you keep talking.. it will get better...

• Posted

Hi Kaleb sorry to hear this. I've suffered on and off with health anxiety for 18 years it's a nightmare, also I'm loosing weight with it. Like you I'm always worrying about having a heart attack but never happens. You carnt stop things happening darl but you also carnt carry on waiting for them to happen. I just tell myself your fine it's the anxiety take deep breathes and get on with it. It's hard darl but learn to control it not it control you. Hope this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.