I believe that I have Bacterial Vaginosis..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

I am a currently a 14 year old, that lives in the United States. I believe that I have Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), due to the lovely internet. I just typed up "vaginal discharge" and the first thing that came up was Yeast Infection. I began on reading a couple articles on Yeast Infection, and realized that the biggest symptom is white slightly yellow vaginal discharge that does NOT smell. That wasn't my situation here, I have yellowish whitish vaginal discharge (meaning that my discharge is more yellow than white). Also it smells like hydrogen peroxide, this has been going on for a while (maybe a year and a half) and I always though it was a normal discharge. I just recently found many articles on BV, and the symptoms are quite like mine. But, I do not have to deal with my stuff being sore, itchy, or burning. Yet, the things that cause BV are: sexual partners, birth control, new antibiotics, douching, and smoking. I haven't had sex, not on birth control, any antibiotics, I don't douche or smoke. I have came here because, I am afraid to tell my mother and go see a doctor to get my stuff looked at. I'd rather just post my problem on the internet and try to tell some friendly strangers and get some help. I am wondering if I do have BV and if there is anyway to treat it with things I can find around my house. 

Please and Thank You (:

-Kayla

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am very sorry for my grammar and spelling problems. I typed this at like 2 am and didn't read it over.
    • Posted

Bv is pH imbalance. Your period, perfumes can also cause this you do not have to be sexually active. I'm on my cell and its acting crazy but Google bv and home remedies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.