I burned my penis a few months ago and ever since then, the skin has been rough and dry

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think i accidentally burnt my glans and now the skin darker and rougher than the normal skin around my glans. The skin comes off like dandruff if i put on some coconut oil but the doesn't solve the problem because it just comes back. Also, when i pull the skin on my penis back you can clearly see how cracked the glans is. There have been now changes since the first day. I'm 18 and this this really bothering me. I don't feel comfortable telling anyone other than a doctor but i can't go to one without my parents noticing, which i don't want.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ensure proper hygiene. Wash your penis with a mild soap and warm water. Pat it dry. And apply a moisturiser like coconut oil.

• Posted

I did the same thing with a strong shampoo. It's been over half a year since I did it and the skin is still noticeably different but the darkness is slowly fading to a normal pink looking skin. I echo the above advice - Just use water to clean it. I personally don't use any soaps. Pop some coconut oil on it as you see fit. You only need a tiny bit on your finger, then massage it in. My skin still flakes a bit sometimes, but less often since I started using Coconut oil. (only been using it for a few weeks.) As long as you aren't getting any other symptoms, you'll be fine! If it was a bad burn it could be a long time or maybe never look like it once did, but don't worry about it. No-one will notice or care if they see it. Good luck!!

• Posted

I agree with Amarjeet.

However, the skin will take a considerable period of months to repair and heal itself - I would suggest that if this persists after 5 to 6 months you would be best to see a Dermatologist, or at least contact your GP / Family Doctor. They would be able to prescribe the correct strength topical steroid that will help your damaged skin to recover

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.