I can be ok from depression/confusion for some time, then it keeps coming back? Very stressful?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys

i hope u r well.

i am 27 yr old guy ans cut a long story short my mental health is very difficult. i can manage to come out of depression for various periods but then it can come back like a truck, to which i feel scared helpless and worried all the time.

most of it comes in the form of bad memories of past awful times and people from my old jobs. also fear that mo one understands at all how i feel, which makes it even worse.

how can i figure this out? it can be crippling and terribly disruptive to my health. please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to keep yourself busy and moving forward so you don't have time to think of bad memories. Have you tried journaling these bad memories.

• Posted

hi how you doing? You know kelly55079 has a great idea, keeping a journal is perfect. your depression goes and comes and if you write down things going on in your life you can get a better understanding of why. there must be something that goes on in your life that puts you into depression as well as something that pulls you out. If you can pinpoint the cause you can maybe get a grip on your depression and stop it before it comes back the next tome. I think that's a great idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.