I can not cry anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! So I am just going to get straight into this. I am the type of person who cries all the time, when I am happy or sad. Whe I watch a cute video a nice movie etc etc I cry a lot. Recently though I have not been able to cry, even when an emotion is triggered that would normaly make me cry I can't. The most that happens is my eyes water and thats it no tears. It is really frustrating because I feel like I am not really feeling my emotions. My question is could this be a medical thing I am only 20 years old I don't think its dry eyes becase my eyes aren't really bothering me. Or could it be depression? I heard that can cause it as well I am not sure. As I write this I want to cry but my emotions just shut off. I miss my tears I miss feeling my emotions. I feel so empty and I have stopped caring about school which is something I have always cared about. I see a therapist but she us out of town so I won't be seeing her in maybe two weeks. 

If anyone else has expirienced this please let me know how it was for you. 

Also I suffered from an eating disorder when I was younger and I feel as though I may be slowly relapsing could this be apart of it as well? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I suffered from depression I couldn't cry either. I hav been taking medication that works very well for me since July 2015. It has only been the last few months that my tears are co,I got back. Like you I cried at just about everything. I seemed to be disconnected from my emotional expression. Keep in touch on the this site. W have all had experience with depression and understand.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

I have experienced this before, a few years ago. It followed on from a period where I'd been so down fo so long I'd cried every day for about 2 years, sometimes just a little sob then pull myself together and sometimes absolutely flooded in unstoppable tears. And it came after that, I literally just couldn't. Where I used to feel that level of sadness there was now more like numbness. I kind of took it just exhaustation, that I just didn't have tears left I'd exhausted that part of me. Sadness wears you down and tires you out and I just took it to be that I was tired & worn, if that makes sense. 

• Posted

Lana

You are getting older and you are automatically controlling your emotions better.

If you are relapsing back into an eating disorder your GP may be able to help you. There   are charities that deal with this problem so it may be a goodidea to do some research for self help

I was the same when it came to crying, that was bashed out of me eventually and now I never really suffer any emotions. I can be very cold.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.