I can't bare this :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i've not posted in this thread before so firstly here is some background info on me, I'm 21 years old i have Bi-polar, GAD, ASD i was diagnosed at a young age and growing up i was always bullied for being over weight which was due to medication. i didn't have any friends until i was 18 which and when i was 18 i met friends online which did help and then last year i started to gain a real life social life and 8 months ago i had lost a lot of weight, i weighed (27 stone by the time i was 20) i now weigh 15 and a half stone but i'm really struglling lately because since gaining a social life i'm really struggling with lots of things. in january just gone i had a mental health breakdown and seveare depression i am currently much better but i cry myself to sleep everynight because i always keep having memories and thoughts about all the bad stuff i've been through and i do have loads of people i could talk to but i never can it's horrible because i really badly want to open up to someone and my brain just won't allow it sad no one ever knows that i am depressed 24/7 because i have always hid it from every one and now when i'm outside with friends i just seem normal to them but that's because i don't want people to worry about me, a friend of mine who noticed something off about me and was the only one to, said to me it is probably that i am very lonely but i said i've got so many people like him around me so it's not that and it's true but i don't even talk to my family about things i have a great relationmship with my family but i just never have been able to talk to anyone sad it's also harder now because i am open about having autism and bi polar etc but when i tell anyone they always say "i never would have thought you had that" and it upsets me because i do but i get scared to talk to anyone because i feel no ne belives it sad 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hey curtis xx was sad reading your post xx u can always open up on here its easier i found as you dont know the ppl your talking to. X i had a major depressive episode in oct time ish still ongoing. Felt superb turned a corner then the last day or so crashed a bit xx hate it. Had massive panic attack today? Anxietys really high & my migraines are worse than ever. But u have hope ive had lots of good days just a few rotten apples spoilt the cart so to speak. Ill get there curtis. U can too xxx

• Posted

Hiya Amanda sorry for the late reply thank you so much for your response and yeah yopur are correct i'll/we will get through this eventually just some days are much worse than others but we will all get there smile 

• Posted

Curtis, you probably suffer enough with the depression symptoms but dont let the "stigma" of bi-polar or autism add to your low feelings. Attitudes have changed many Brilliant most minds have been attributed to both.

Its not a stigma its a sign of what makes you unique and interesting.

• Posted

Hey Steve thank you for your response and yes your are true there i have trouble a lot lately with focusing on bad things rathyer than good and i also have a big flaw with seeing the future as constantly being bad like i cancel meeting up with friends etc a lot becuase i think it is going to end bad and i'll be upset after and i somehow think of a billion different scenarios of how it could but they are all very unlikely i just never focus that well on positives sad but i'm learning still i guess just need to work at it more and try be postiive 

• Posted

Hi Curtis firstly you have amazing bravery I don't know anything about bi-polar or what it's like to suffer from it so I'd not dare patronise you with words of advice on a issue I don't know anything about.

I do know about having ppl around and yet no-one to talk to tho I not sure if it's because as you state you don't know if they will believe you or like me you hate to burden ppl I mean when's the right time to bring things up hey? We wait and wait but the times never the right time I'm sure you know what I mean then enough time passes and it becomes impossible to express yourself you acted so brave and tough in front of these ppl how can you sit there and reveal your not that strong person they think you are.

It's hard I totally get that you have been bullied right so your a tough cookie you've had to be the biggest most deceiving masks are our smiles and persona of untouchable we all have our Achilles heel tho right

It's just a suggestion but maybe think of starting off a journal you know it doesn't have to be an everyday entry thing just when you feel like your going to explode with emotion or if some thing happens that different it'll enable you to vent those emotions and maybe ease those teary nights a little sometimes I find I don't need to tell somebody I just need to express it if you then ever feel like I've got to explain this to somebody or a dr or a therapist you can use this book to help you describe how you felt at that time there's nothing worse than sitting there feeling ok and someone saying how did that feel and not being able to find the words that express it you know what I mean

If you don't feel like you can talk to ppl you can say look I have a book here this is how I've been feeling for the last few months or whatever it gives them a clear onsite into you without having to look into the eyes of the person it hurts sometimes to seem them in in pain as they realise they don't know you at all sometimes it easier to allow they to read that and digest what's being said I find ppl can be more receptive to reading information as they take it in at their own pace

You keep in touch let us know how you get on thinking of you hope all goes well

• Posted

Hiya SuperFluous thank you so much for your reply smile yes that's exactly me the reason i always dont talk to people about things is because i dont think its fair to through my problems on top of theres sad i'm currently looking to get a therapist or councilling to help with me being able to openly talk about things smile and thats actaully a really good idea i am going to give it a go and i think it is a good idea maybe if i write down my good and bad days and label dates etc and i can work out if im having a bad day why and what hgas previously caused bad days etc smile 

• Posted

Hi Curtis - sorry to read how hard things have been for you. You are a survivor. You have achieved significant weight loss which would have had all sorts of positive outcomes for you. You are a likeable person in spite of the trauma of being bullied which could have caused all sorts of bitterness towards others if you had a llowed it. But you didn't. Instead, like many of us with depressive disorders, you have turned the anger and hurt inward and it has undermined your well being. We are also excellent at pretending everything's okay smiling at everyone while hanging on to sanity by our fingernails.  I am wondering what happened with your breakdown in January - did you seek medical help? Were you prescribed anything? Was there a counsellor, therapist or psychologist made available to you? Super has posted good advice about keeping a journal and about having a therapist. You need someone to talk to, someone who understands and will not dismiss you, someone who will be able to teach you coping skills in a safe place where you can say whatever you want, someone and somewhere that is seperate from your social life, a place you can go when you need that support, giving you that stability that comes from knowing there is somewhere to turn and you are not alone. When you have found that, and are comfortable in it, you should find relief from crying yourself to sleep each night. Meanwhile, we are always here to talk to. 

• Posted

Hello Wayne thank you for your very kind words smile your very true with that i made mhyself a voul growing up that no matter what i would always be nice to people and help others but it's just lately really difficult because i have never truly been happy or had something i am proud to have etc and it's got to that point where i want to be happy but at the same time i keep questioning whether i can be happy because i dont seem to truly know what i want in life sad yeah in ajnuary i was admitted in to a assement unit but i was only there for 6 days and then prescribed Mirtazipine and prometheazine by the doctor 

• Posted

You just described my life growing up too.. I’m constantly fighting depression every other day. It doesn’t go away I’m constantly stuck in this loop of depression. I’m assuming I got bi polar I’m always sad, depress, angry, and depress.. It’s not like I’m not trying to fight this depression I tried doing a lot of positive things to balance out the negatives thoughts in my head in hope that one day I will beat this depression. I tried eating healthy, exercise, doing outdoor activities, going out with friends every once in a while even though I want to be alone at home doing nothing. I thought being alone at home doing nothing is just my depression in my mind talking so I force myself to go out. I tried to go to work, make money, save up, and travel like normal people, but I’m still sad. I’m come to realize that I’m not normal and I have to accept that I’m different. So now I just light up a cigarette and listen to the song by G eazy me myself and I and smoke..

Btw if you need someone to talk to you can message me.

• Posted

Hi Light - sorry to read of your situation. I'm wondering whether you have gone for a diagnosis? The cycle of depression can be broken with a combination of correct diagnosis, medications and psychological direction. Feelings of depression does not have to be a life-long dilemma. You don't have to be resigned to it. Can I suggest you make an appointment with a doctor and discuss what you are feeling? He/she may refer you to a psychiatrist who will ascertain what med might be best for your individual depression. There should also be a referral to a psychologist to dig out the issues from childhood that have impacted your ability to feel peace, purpose and happiness. Depression is not something that can be prayed or thought away. It is a physiological element in the brain where chemicals such as serotoinin are inhibited from functioning properly. You can change that. It will take time and commitment, but life will get better. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

• Posted

Hi light. Good to read a similar post to how i feel. Thought id turned a corner and the fact that this is prob gunna come and go for eons is too depressing for words. Remember the other week u said music helped u get thru xx in sum ways it in other ways evokes strong memories of good times that i cn no longer b part of. Xx crap @ times hey?? Xx
    • Posted

Sum ways it duz* ( that meant to say)
    • Posted

Hey light i know exactly what you mean my best friend is the only one who knows a klot about me in the sense of diagnoses and he understands i dont feel comfortable opening up to him but he seems to always tell em that distancing isnt a good idea, i basically cant decide what makes me happy so i usualy distract myself 24/7 and then after a few weks that tires me out and i get stressed so i decide to be alone and distance from everyone which makes me feel worse and at the saame time better it does feel like i cant win sad 
    • Posted

Hey Wayne, No I haven’t gone for a diagnosis, and no I’m not going to make an appointment with my doctor to talk about my depression.  They won’t understand what I’m going through and I refuse to take meds. What will meds do suppress your depression? I don’t think meds will solve anything. You have to fight this depression yourself and find out what’s wrong and attack it. Some days I think life is beautiful and most of the days I think life is too depressing to even think about. It is what it is, Life goes on and either I man up and deal with it or I can cry like a girl that’s how I feel. 
    • Posted

Hey Amanda how are you? 

Yeah some days i think life is beautiful and most of the days i think life is depressing. Music can do alot of things, it can either make you happy or sad it all depends how you visualize it in your mind. I got problems don't mind me smile

• Posted

Hi hun. Fell aslp before yr reply sorry. Ye i think it depends on yr mood b4 u listen to it xxx ps i got problems so dont worry.... whats normal anyway! Not doin good just now light turned a corner then bam its back! Hope my msg finds ya well xx
    • Posted

Hi again Light - it's your decision as to how you tackle your depression. I thought i could fight it myself until my 40's when I realised all these years and all the avenues I had taken didn't work. I had simply tried one distraction after another. Nothing had changed.  I too thought I wouldn't be understood but it was the only path I had not tried and I owed it to myself to make the effort. Depression is about an imbalance of chemicals in the brain and meds address that. You cannot hope it away.  You state that you have fought depression all your life - how's that working for you? When does that battle end? Why haven't you beaten it? It is not unmanly to seek help. And it's not girly to cry because you have depression. That is a human response to a serious illness - an illness that kills more young men in the West than any other disease.

• Posted

So v true wayne wat a great post xx &:good luck light on whatever u choose but kp meds as an option. They help some xx maybe your 1 of the lucky ones xx !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.