I can't believe how much weight I gained

Posted , 9 users are following.

I don't have any scales at home. I work out at the gym several times a week and this week I got weighed there (in the morning). I haven't been weighed for a couple of years. I would have guessed my weight at 10 stone maximum. My weight was 10 stone 11 lbs. I am absolutely gutted. I have noticed a podge in my lower belly and love handles appearing gradually but I sort of ignored it and put it down to always having had them. I am so upset that I didn't do anything before all this weight crept on. My BMI makes me overweight (only just). However I did have low blood sugar diagnosed a year ago and was told to snack regularly by the GP. Maybe this is the cause. Since I found out my weight on Monday I have cut out all snacks but have felt a bit dizzy - a usual effect of low blood sugar. I am not sure what to do and how to go about losing weight but keeping healthy.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Helen

I was eventually diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 1995 after it had progressed to Myxoedema, I piled on the weight, my hair fell out, my skin was flaking off, my brain was addled and I lost the use of both hands for 7 months. I was told by my GP that I would never lose the weight!

Having tried in vain for many years to lose weight I came across a book called The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy (approx £8 from Amazon). The diet is like no other I have ever tried and means eating three main meals and two snacks a day (recipes included in the book) . You eat all food groups in a specific way and she explains what works and why it works.

I went from size 24 to size 12 in 5 months and lost 4 stones in weight. This has changed my life in so many ways. People don't recognise me and have asked me how I did it so I have told them about the book. I have people ringing me to tell me how thrilled they are with the results. The book is fascinating reading as Haylie Pomroy is animal trained and medical trained and  speaks such sense. The great thing too is that I have maintained the weight loss even though I am not on the diet now but still follow the principals. It certainly worked for me so I am pleased to pass this on to you and hope it does for you too. Wishing you well. Mandy

• Posted

I think if you have a proper control over you diet plan than you can easily lose weight with health body. But you need to know that how much calories you are getting from any specified diet. You must buy a scale for measuring your diets which help you to control your weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.