I can't cope anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have been really struggling with people and their reception of me. Everyone calls me a man or a tranny and I usually have people laughing in my face, people calling me names or very hateful looks. I am not a man. I was born a women. I did not have a sex change. So why? I am not a horrible person inside. This is really making my life a living hell. My doctor tells me its in my head but l know better. The first thing people see is your face and people judge you by it. It has got so bad that I don't even bother to look girly. it never used to be like that hence why I am struggling. I don't know what to do. I am living a nightmare from which it looks I will never wake from.

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Maz, it really doesn't matter one hoot what anyone else thinks about you, but it does matter a great deal what you think about yourself.

You have the absolute right to live the life that you wish to live without the interference of others.

There are far too many people to mention (including very famous people) throughout the ages who are different, who have lived the lives that they wish to live, rather than the lives that others would wish them to.

One sad aspect of human beings is they care what absolute strangers think of them. I say, does it really matter?

Just learn to be happy in your own skin and tell those who don't approve to sod off.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice. I used to be happy with myself. It is people who have a problem with how I look that put me in this situation. It's like the whole world has turned against me and it has knocked my confidence. Most of the people I hang out with are very confident and do not understand how I feel.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The rule is, applaude and cultivate those who appreciate you and accept you for who and what you are, and ignore anyone who has a negative effect on your life.

Those who knock you down because you dare to be different need to get a life, and more to the point look in a mirror themselves and see if they can tolerate what they are looking at.

There is no such thing as a perfect person on this planet.

Just go out there and enjoy your life - it is your God given right to do so.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Maz, you need to be comfortable with who you are and want to be and then others will be!

If you learn to see the good in you others will follow x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Maz

You do not say what age you are.  Do you have any close/reliable friends or family you can discuss this with? Maybe you need some professional help to guide you through this.  You say you have given up on "girlie" things.  If you are a female, why give up?  Make the most of who you really are.  Go to town, so to speak.  Hair, fashion, make-up...It will make the world of difference. and give you more confidence.  BE YOURSELF, and find people who respect you for that!  Good Luck!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am 31. Been struggling since I was 25.I have tried but I think my mind has been damaged. It is not easy getting out and having people make fun of you. It is hard for me to live myself. I don't have a life any more I am just existing
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Maz, excuse me for butting in just been reading your posts and the last one made me sad. I hear what you are saying when you say " you think your mind has been damaged" that's just the thing isn't it, some of us are more sensitive than others and even a little comment that someone says about our appearance or behaviour or anything can have a devastating effect on us and they just don't realise the hurt they cause and the lasting effect it has. I myself have had some cr.. Thrown at me in my life I could write a book trust me, my father left me when I was 4 and I spent a lifetime looking for him thinking he was a wonderful imaginary hero, found him 2 years ago - though he loved me, he never did - he'd remarried and adopted her daughter and it was like I never existed, he died on 1st May last year and he used me til the end, he left vast amount of money to adopted daughter and not a penny to me, it was never about that anyway but what a kick in the teeth ! the whole thing I'm sure made me really ill and I'm sure brought on an illness that I needed a five hour operation for, basically my lovely what I'm saying is that you have a special life to live and please don't let others put you down, use you, or belittle your life, you were put on this earth because you are a special soul and you must be whoever you want to be, you are young and have your whole life ahead of you, please try to see that ( I am 53 tomorrow ) and am only now sorting myself out, be who you want to be and that's true to yourself , other people's opinions do not matter, let your beauty shine through , it's the person I side that counts not what we look like, be strong and true to yourself nobody else xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up