I can’t face my fear ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

im 23 YEAR OLD GIRL and have loads of phobias

my main one is leaving the house i havnt left the house in a year or longer

my mum in hospital and will not be home for christmas so my nan wants me to stay with her this friday till after christmas

i rather stay where i am but my nan not giving me a choice / no matter how many times i say its not that simple they dont understand

even my brother before started sayying about then i told him to stop as my body was about to go into attack with anxiety and thats only talking about leaving the house

cant get cbt till after christmas and yes im on meds but they dont work

i dont know what to do / feels like im drowning and cant get to the top of the water

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,

Severe Anxiety can quickly turn into Agoraphobia to avoid places, situations and panic attacks.

Do some online research into self help and follow up on a self help course, also ask your doctor if you can be enrolled on a CBT course and talk about your medication issues to doc.

Peace 🙏

• Posted

Hi,

Definitely you have to consult a doctor for this but you have to also train your mind accordingly. Phobia is nothing but just a fear that you create yourself. there is no such thing like phobia if you don let any thought affect you. if you take it as it wont affect you its just a normal thing then i assure you wont have any kind of phobia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.