I can't handle my anxiety..

Posted , 9 users are following.

I can't stop panicking.  I have had anxiety for years but this is horrendous.  I don't want to phone NHS 24 as i feel stupid doing so, but i don't think i can handle this any longer.  I'm on 150mg of sertraline and 40mg of propanolol.  But yesterday, and today is killing me.  I can't handle this.  I don't know what to do. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Does anyone have ANY advice.  I am really struggling. 
  • Posted

Hey Hun,

How long have u been on the medication I'm on the same as you and been on it 4 weeks now, what are you feeling like? X

• Posted

I've been on it for about a year now.  

I honestly can't describe it.  I'm hot and sweaty but really cold, I want to go down the stairs but i can't even do that because i'm panicking so much sad I've felt this way before, but usually my bed is my comfortzone, but for the past two days i just can't seem to stop panicking and i honestly can't handle it much longer! x

• Posted

I had this for about a week where I couldn't even sit with my family without feeling so panicky. I just wanted to feel normal again, I was really working myself up. You need to spend time with someone your comfortable with, do you have a partner? I forced myself out the house and spent the weekend with my boyfriend, just being with him and having him calm me down really helped. You just need the reassurance that it will pass, coz it will, I promise you. Deep breaths, calming music can help. Stop working yourself up, it's hard to think rationally when you have anxiety but this will pass.
    • Posted

That's what I'm like aswell. I just can't go down and sit with them.  Yeah my partners actually away working, and I think the fact that he's not here is making me worse and I won't see him until tomorrow, or maybe later than tomorrow. I have tried going for a bath and calming music, nothing helps, I haven't ate in 24 hours because every time i take a bite i feel physically sick 
    • Posted

Exactly the same as I was, exactly! Couldn't eat a damn thing, you feel as if no one understands but they do, well everyone on here does. My doctor signed me off work for a week and I feel like in a way that made me feel worse as I knew there must of been something wrong. All I wanted to do was sleep as I felt that was the only time I felt ok, when I woke up and didn't feel better i would start panicking all over again. Watching confrontation on the telly would make me panic, everything. It's such a horrible thing to go through but it will pass. Perhaps phone your partner, talk to him about how your feeling. Just keep saying to yourself you have family around you, a partner who loves you. I just thought as long as I have my partner I have nothing to worry about. Easier said than done I know, but just remember everything is the same, you're not going crazy and you are going to be absolutely fine. Are you under stress? This might be your body's way of telling you to have a little break and relax.
    • Posted

Yeah, I was searching the internet to try find somewhere to speak to people, and here seemed like the best place.  Same as me.  I just wish i could go to sleep and wake up when my body decides to stop my anxiety.  Yeah, he stayed with me last night, but as soon as he left for work, it just got even worse.  Hate being alone.  I've been signed off from the doctors for over a year now.  Nothing that people would actually consider being stressfull, but people with anxiety would haha.  x
  • Posted

Hey Lauren

I really feel for you right now it is awful sad

I don't know how much help I'll be but I understand. I'be been going through a few weeks of severe anxiety ATM and suffered with anxiety and depression for years. This has been my worst ATM though and but is horrible!! Fed up to say the least.

Has it recently come on this bad? And is it constent? Have you been back to see your Dr recently?? Sorry lots of questions but maybe you need to come down off the meds or a change? I've had to see a Dr again regularly and have a new dr that is some help

Do you also have people to talk to? I am trying to learn coping ways and it is hard but worth doing. Mindfulness etc keeping mind on other things as much as possible, breathing, talking to yourself at the bad times positively. You've probably heard this all before I know!

I have been experiencing a really similar thing though when bad, shaking constantly not eating not sleeping fear all the time panic attacks day and night. Currently signed off work. And can't face going the shops or anywhere. So I really really sympathize

We WILL be fine though!!

This site helps you to not feel alone, I have just signed up

Natalie

• Posted

Hi Natalie, 

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for years aswell.  I go to my doctors every month but there useless.  It is constent, I can't eat or sleep either and I literally feel like i am losing my mind.  

I do have people to talk to, but no one that fully understands.  I just get the "it'll be fine" but right now nothing feels like it's going to be fine.

I just signed up today aswell.  I didn't know where else to speak to someone.  I feel stupid for wanting to phone NHS 24, but this feeling is the worst sad 

• Posted

I just saw your new post.  I am undergoing a new treatment for depression and anxiety. Meds don't work for me either and talk therapy wasn't helpful either. 

My psychiatrist has approved me for TMS transmagnetic resonance for treatment resistant clinical depression. I've had about 11 treatments thus far and am benefitting from this. It is for both anxiety and depression. People are cured after the course and just need an occassional maintenance treatment (once every couple of months). It works because it's reactivating the parts of the brain that have gone dormant or are unable to benefit from antidepressants. It also stops anxiety in its tracks. Please look into it and see if you're a candidate. You should not have to suffer like this - and don't be embarrassed to call NHS 24 (is that emergency?) if you feel desperate.  It's good you're reaching out. There is help for us.

• Posted

TMS     %10  ( ACHIEVE REMMISSION  )  ECT    %40       TMS  better for migrain .    ECT  wow it foors you eek
    • Posted

Hi Dyslexic,  What do you mean TMS 10%?  It has 10% efficacy?
    • Posted

in medical terms  TMS is only %10 effective  were has ECT  %40 effective in helping ,  but ect is more scaryeek
    • Posted

I've had Brainsway TMS - 19 sessions later and discouraged I'm not feeling more with it. I don't want to do ect!! idea
    • Posted

Don't feel stupid!! The other week I wasn't sleeping or eating and felt like I was losing my mind, there were a few times I said to my bf I want to go to a hospital I need to go somewhere I was so scared. I debated it and kept thinking do I ring do I ring but I felt daft too and worried what it'd be like there.

I did ring the Samaritans one day which kind of helped bring me down a bit. Have you got a 'safe place' or something in particular that seems to take your mind off it?

I came home to stay, and had to take the dog out even when I really struggled and I think it helps just having to get ready and walk and focus on her. Exercise, breathing, things to focus on, TV etc. It is so hard I know, just really really try to repeat "I will not feel like this forever I will get better" everyday as much as possible. It takes time to sink in but I think it helps. I'm working on all this ATM

Hope you feel better asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.