I can't seem to lose my Anxiety, what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so frustrated... I seem to be on the right track: therapy, meditation, school, but nothing is happening.

The thing I seem to be suffering from most is my health Anxiety.

I find it much harder to bare than my thoughts and actual stress and anxiety.

I could be at school, with friends, out, and suddenly feel super dizzy and light headed, sometimes nauseous. It is just so tiring!

When will this just go away?

At the beginning I told myself, okay next week it will go away, and when it didn't I said that about the next week and the next. And now, it's been four months (!) and I am so tired and not as optimistic as I was...

I just wanna be myself again, my biggest worries were if I made my homework... I wanna go back to my normal life, normal boring. 

Now, everyday I wake up, freaked out, hurrying up to meditate before school, and leaving the house with a crippling fear that I will have to go home in the middle of the day because it was just too much..

How long did it take you guys to get over this? To go back to youself?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its hard when you have anxieties. It wil come and go like mine does. You should talk to your doctor about getting on medication for your anxieties and talk to a therapist too you will be fine just hang in there
    • Posted

I do talk to a therapist, weekly sessions. 

I have never been on any kind of medication and I am going to get over this without any, but if things really get worse and I'll be like this for another four months, I will definitely take that to mind...

Thank you very much smile

• Posted

The thing you need to realise is this may never go away but you can learn how to ignore it and just get on with whatever your doing, has anything bad actually happened from ou going dizzy? Other that being embarrassed? When it happens just remember it will pass and try not to worry!! The quicker you realise it's just your anxiety saying hi the easier it will get until one day it won't happen again, you'll be ok smile x
    • Posted

I am don't expect for it all to go away, I was always an anxious person, but I could have controlled it, lived with it without it taking over my life but now I can't..

The dizziness comes and goes which means it's anxiety and not something actually wrong, but when I'm dizzy it's really scary because it really feels like I am going to faint..

It usually happens when I am inside, I seem to have harder times when I am in closed places and interacting with people I don't usually interact with...

Nothing has ever happened, I just really panic and need to get out of the place I'm in... 

But everytime I'm dizzy, I say, "this time is the worst, I am really gonna faint this time".

Thank you for your help and support. I really appreciate it smile

• Posted

You need to stop trying to beat it, if you tell yourself it'll go and it doesn't, it'll increase your anxiety even more. You need to learn how to live with it, you need to accept the thoughts and feelings you're having in order to conquer it. When you train your brain to realise that it's all in your head and can't hurt you, that's when it'll stop.

Mindful meditation is great, that's a good first step. Keep putting yourself in uncomfortable situations, the more you do it the more you'll realise that nothing's wrong.

• Posted

If I accept it, will it get better? Because this feels like it's never gonna end. I have literally made my schedule accessible to getting out of the classroom whenever I want and I just feel so used to my symptoms...

But it's still a drag..

Thank you so much smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.