I can't stop panicking, day and night- what should I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have suffered from panic attacks since a really young age. My dad passed away when I was 12 and I have suffered panic attacks much more severely since them. They come and go but recently I have been getting them failing, struggling to eat drink sleep and even just talk to people. I have my gcse exams coming up in a few weeks and I have a lot of pressure to do well from my teachers. I also have just started a new job that I don't really enjoy so I think this is adding to it. I just need some ways to help control my panics because I really can't cope with this feeling anymore

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried medications yet? Anything help? Are you very depressed? Your anxiety hit when your Dad died. Quite a blow! Have you been struggling with feeling sad and have no one to talk to?
    • Posted

I haven't had any medications but I had councilling for a couple of years, it helped and I was fine for around 3 years however it has come back worse recently. I have been feeling sad and have people to talk to however nobody really understands as they don't suffer from anxiety.
  • Posted

Dear tjb, it must have been awful to lose your dad when you were so young, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is. I lost both parents close together, I was seven months pregnant when my mum died, and two years later my dad died on the day after I left hospital with my twin sons...but time will make it easier, I promise ..xx

Please, please go to see your GP, you can have medication to help with your anxiety and also your sadness that has turned to depression, you need to feel well rested and calm when you take your exams.xx

Also, please talk to somebody openly about how you feel, can you talk to your mum or a good friend?. Have you got a practice nurse at your surgery?...the Samaritans are always, ALWAYS available to listen to anything you wish to talk about,

Please get some help, ( your mum would really want to know how sad you feel ) . You will be in my thoughts, I send you big, big hugs...Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hi Deirdre

Thankyou so much. I am so sorry to hear about your parents that's a really hard situation that you have been in and I couldn't ever imagine losing a parent whilst pregnant. thank-you for understanding and for your advice. I am going to my gp some time next week so hopefully I will be back on track soon. I can talk to my mum, I just don't want to worry her as she's been such an amazing mum and I don't want her to feel like it is her fault. Your advice is really helpful and thanks for being so kind and caring about the situation I'm in. Xx

• Posted

Dear tjb, thank you for your lovely reply...you will truly be in my thoughts, your mum must be a wonderful lady, it must have been very, very hard for her as well. I hope that life will get better, easier and much happier for you both...you deserve it....I wish you both a brilliant, blessed, beautiful, future that you both enjoy and find true peace and contentment...

Big hugs to you both. Deirdre xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.