I can't take this anymore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This overwhelming feeling that I'm gonna die. It's changed me so much in the last month. I keep thinking I'm gonna die all because I've had a chronic tension headache for the last one and a half months..I can't seem to believe my doctors and my psychologist that there's nothing wrong with my head, that I don't have anything, that it's all just anxiety. I feel nauseous some days, I feel dizzy some days, I feel like as if I have a huge weight in my chest. I'm always crying because I panic about my head pressure and I get scared that I'll die right then and there. I can't get it through my thick head that it's just ANXIETY! I find it so hard to believe that anxiety is causing me all of this pain and terror..Im not the same person I was two months ago and that makes me hate myself. It all started a month and a half ago, for some time I started getting better and I didn't feel pain for 3 weeks!! I was happy I was distracting myself, then all of a sudden last week I'm right back at it again, feeling everything I felt before all over again..I'm going on a trip to New York tomorrow and I'm terrified..I'm thinking maybe this is what is causing emotional stress along with all of this health anxiety but..I just can't take it anymore..

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Hey cindyloo,

I deff know what you are going through, it is really hard living like this. Let me tell you your brain can cause everything you feel, the stress of worrying can cause your headaches for sure! The weight on your chest is ANXIETY for sure, everyone with serve anxiety feels the chest pains and "heart attack" symptoms. What you need to understand is that "heathly" does not mean you dont have any pain, your body should have little pains or twiches, it means your body is doing its job! YOU ARE COMPLETELY OK, your doctors and psychologist spends YEARS in school to learn how to detect issues of concern, they would not lie to you! Trust me I deal with symptoms all the time and every single time it is anxiety. 

• Posted

Fortunately apart from being overweight I am completely healthy. I have no diabetes, no thyroid problems, no allergies..I've never had any serious problem with my health apart from the occasional infection. I BARELY EVEN GET SICK! I'm only 21 years old and because of this darn headache I'm a complete wreck..I seriously do nothing but just sit and cry..I just hate the fact that it's so hard to reassure yourself that you're okay..that you're safe..I'm driving my family insane because I'm always looking for reassurance and it's gotten to the point where they don't even know what to say anymore..they just tell me "you're making me nervous" and leave me alone to cry..I'm driving everyone away and it makes me feel even worse.
    • Posted

You are fine though, lets just say it is something extremely serious for a second: outcome is your body would start to fail, your tension headaches would continue then other symptoms would start as well. Lets say the WORST happens and you literally just die, why would you care? Your dead! Your body is going to protect you, your mind is going to ruin you! Trust me cindy, get up wipe off those tears and understand your headache is caused by YOU, nothing else only you. I guarntee you that you are 100% fine, your doctors have and your psychologist and your family. If that .000001% chance we r all wrong, arent you wasting your time? If you are truly sick, wouldnt you want to enjoy life? Please for your own sake, enjoy your life bc some people do have major things wrong and wish they could be you, just remember that as I have to everyday! I truly wish you well and I am always hear to talk if you want to!
    • Posted

Sometimes i think the main reason why I get scared Is not because I'm scared so much for myself, but for my family and loved ones..I don't want them to go through the pain of losing me.. We've already gone through so much pain after losing my grandfather..I don't want them to feel that pain ever again..either way, thank you. I wish I wasn't so afraid sometimes..this is ruining my life.
    • Posted

I really understand that for sure! Your 21 though, your grandfather was a lot older...I hear you though, I go through the same stuff you do and its tough sometimes. The only way I overcome this is cherishing life, even if something is truly wrong, least I am cherishing all the moments I can.
    • Posted

It's calmed me a little, what you've said to me. Thank you very much Scott02389 I just have to stop trying to self diagnose myself using google lol I also need a REALLY good massage. But in all seriousness, it's calmed me, knowing that I'm not the only one whose going through this and knowing that these headaches of mine are just simply tension headaches..hopefully I can get it through my head that there's nothing wrong with me so i can be myself again.
    • Posted

I hope I did help bc you are not alone and never will be! Please feel free email me whenever, even if its just to talk bs about anything, I hope you do and I wish you goodluck, just remember life will go on regardless enjoy it while you can=)!
    • Posted

Thank you very much smile if I'm ever feeling down again I will definitely come to you! & I hope everything is well with you!
    • Posted

Sorry to bother you but I just need reassurance. So tension headaches cause you to feel dizzy?
  • Posted

I feel for you! I suffered a headache for over 3 months! Went yo the ER sure I had a tumor and they did a cat scan and everything was fine they gave me an IV with meds that they swore would relieve my headache, a sure thing! Of course it didn't work on me so I still believed  I was dying! I went to a neurologist who gave me meds and still no relief! Back to Neuro I went . He diagnosed me with chronic migraine! He gave me info on how each persons symptoms were different and just because I didn't have the nausea didn't mean it wasn't a migraine! After much talking to myself and looking at the facts, slowly it went away! My point is, our body is not strong enough to fight our minds sometimes! It takes much work! I have suffered with health anxiety for more years than I can remember! I go into remission for a bit then relapse! Please know if you have had the proper tests then you are more than likely fine it's your mind causing anxiety and fighting your body! I go tomorrow for a cstscan of abdomen and pelvic area and am convinced something is wrong ! In your case, I have been there and I promise you, with relaxation and God, you will find peace
    • Posted

When I went to the emergency room a week into the headache, they said that they didn't want to do a cat scan because he didn't want to expose me to the unnecessary radiation because he knew that if he did do the cat scan, he wouldn't find anything at all. He looked into my eyes with a flashlight, made me follow his finger without moving my head, making me look at it from my peripherals and all that kind of stuff and tested my strength and I was fine. He told me "just a tension headache, maybe a small migraine" I've gotten blood work done to check my blood sugar and thyroids, and just everything in general and I was perfect. My doctor said the same thing. My therapist says the same thing, she recently diagnosed me with severe clinical depression as well as general anxiety disorder with panic..ever since my grandfather died unexpectedly 3 years ago I have not been well, only until now has it really gotten out of control.
  • Posted

That is very true about the radiation!,they can tell a lot from bloodwork, and doing those tests! It's doubtful anything is seriously wrong! I pray for you 
    • Posted

Thank you, marla57360. It's just hard sometimes to make myself open my eyes and realize that I'm okay. I'm just severely stressed out lately and these constant everyday pains that I get are not helping the situation lol either way, thank you for helping me. I feel slightly calmer.
  • Posted

Hey hun hope your feeling okay!

I'm in the same situation with the headaches I suffer with migraines and it's taking over my life ill sit and cry because I'm sick of the pain everyday I'm scared it's something serious but just like you I've had tests etc everything is fine I'm back at the drs again today because there not happy about me been past from different drs I'm always going for an ent examination to see if it has anything to do with my sinuses!

your fine trust me the more we stress the worse the headaches get I know it's hard to believe it's anxiety I still don't but we have to! Stay positive

• Posted

Thank you. I'm trying to be calm about it all. I'm going to New York this morning and I'm really REALLY trying not to freak out so I won't get bad headaches and throw up lol so I'm trying to be calm about it but I think this is definitely what's causing me so much stress. I hate leaving the comfort of my home and leaving my dog and just not sleeping in my bed and airplanes..I hate airplanes.. I'm trying to stay positive but sometimes it's just hard not to cry because it bothers me so much
    • Posted

bless you try no to think aboutt it and enjoy your trip! rRemember iit'sall anxiety
    • Posted

I just arrived to New York and the landing made my headache worse -_-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.