i cant believe it.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So just when I thought when things were going marginally alright,got out of deprdepression i think,has been a stressful few weeks,I lose my job.happened about an hour ago,and I was able to go and meet up with my mum at her work and still here.though im relieved to have left,it's come at the worst possible time with uni finishing in two and a half weeks.I'm scared my depression will come back because of this,and having had to not go to class in the afternoon when they started to enforce no fixed days off a few weeks ago.in the last few days I have been feeling like i was waiting for something bad to happen and here it is.I see my pwp next Wednesday and know i can contact the mental health crisis team if nessicary,but im scared.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Trick is to try and get another job asap ...

No shame losing a job (unless one is sacked for gross misconduct or some offence) ...but assuming your contract came to an end or you were made redundant etc ...just DO YOU BEST TO REMAIN POSITIVE!

Think of those like me who haven't been able to work for 5yrs and are trapped at home.

Sometimes looking at the bigger picture and recognising there others much worse off CAN HELP PUT OUR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES INTO BETTER PERSPECTIVE (that's not meant to downplay your or anyone's personal plight).

Peace

• Posted

Apparently I wasn't working to their standards,though i wasn't pointed out where or what they were before I was called up to be told.and when area managers came they noticed,and apparently I didn't look like i want to be there,but i had to be to earn.I did overtime,covered others shifts when i could if they were ill,always on time.... 😢
    • Posted

That is i wasn't told where i wasn't working to their standards.thankfully ive applied to three other jobs for four positions,but still waiting to hear.
    • Posted

There you go ...sounds like you're moving in the right direction ...

If you truly feel you've been dismissed unfairly ...then that's a matter for Employment Tribunal I guess. Maybe if you feel aggrieved (sorry I couldn't understand exactly what you wrote) ..then see if you can get some FREE legal advice.

Otherwise KEEP THE FAITH ...peace

• Posted

If it helps just tell yourself that it could happen to anybody, and that when you finish university you could well be one of the people who determine the rules under which people are employed.

These things can happen at any time, and although the knowledge of this doesn't help you, maybe the thought of a bright future will.

Keep the flag flying, and do your best to find another job.

Simply refuse to give-in to depression.

All the best.

• Posted

Archimedes is right. Keep your head up and don't give in.
    • Posted

Thanks,it's just come at the worst time of the year and I live one my own too.I have enough for rent until September thankfully and can support myself for the next month or so,but still...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.