I cant take no more :'(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I came home n ate n got in bed wit partner and was laughing head off n cuddling n i remeber thinking aww this is soo nice then it was like a switch after a while I started to feel really ill then really panicky! Every little noise or voice sounded so intense and overwhelming and I just couldnt take it so I snapped at him to b quiet n then came over suddenly exhausted and needed to sleep... So I tried to fall asleep but I was latin there in a fit of terror n anxiety and feeling really ill, so gettin to sleep was really hard then I wpt waking up feelin petrified so ahuttin my eues n tryin hard to get bak to sleep.i kept tellin myself it's fine calm down this is all just sensitization and prob virus on top but was still terrified. Now im up and tidied up ndone wqshing etc n they r asleep. Downstairs have got the music on. Im jus sittin here now in citingroom not sure wot to do I feel really shaken up n on edge on panic attackin or bien really ill I juat dont no. I've Taken betahistine for dizzineas n paracetamol for betahistine headaches but don't no if I shud take diazapam or not as dno if its anxiety or feeling really ill...dno wot to do anymore?!?!?

This ruins everything!!!!! I cant take anymore! 

On top of everything im still convinced my symptoms are something more sinister than anxiety amd im obsessing amd draining myself!!

Symptoms fpr las 10wks...

My symptoms are dizziness and unsteadiness. All discombobulated. 

Headaches.

Nausea.

Chest pains. Air tight ear pressure.

Uncomfortable belly.

So exhausted. 

Feeling very heavy and weak.

Struggling to concent rate or feel grounded.

New one is burning cheeks.

So aorey for long poset but im so desperate and at witts end. Im 23 and on fleouxetine. Sufferrd with severe amxiety all my life. Had bloods done and alls well.

Anyone there??

2 likes, 24 replies

Report / Delete

24 Replies

• Posted

Hi don't know what to say apart from the same thing happens to me I also get all the feelings and symptoms you describe it is a horrendous feeling of doom but take a deep breath and tell. Yourself I'm not going to die it is a panic attack it will stop soon I know when someone tells you that you. Just think shut up you haven't got a clue but I totally understand how you are feeling maybe you need. Your fluoxetine dose increased I'm sorry I'm not much help but I just wanted you to know your not alone xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Aww thankyou both sooo much!

Ive tried nearly everything now but still struggling massively!

but are u both sure that this intense dizziness is anxiety?

Ive had every symptom under the sun over the years but never this constant intense dizziness! Xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dizziness is a symptom of anxiety. Have you considered cognitive behavior therapy where they can re train how you think? Ive had it before to deal with my anxiety and it really helped but something has triggered my anxiety to kick off again and 5 years later I'm waiting for CBT again. Its awful isn't it one minute your fine the next you're in this panic. I just want to feel normal again for my kids
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The dizziness is the one remaining troublesome symptom i have left after therapy and medication have helped me to get my life back to almost normal. My doctor has given me something i can take when it is particularly bad so that i can carry on with things as it was triggering panic attacks when i was driving and it seems to help
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I hate the dizziness attached to anxiety but what I have found really helpful is to get someone to really massage the back of my neck like really hard! When you are anxious you get a very tense neck and this basically pulls all the muscles in your head and strains your eyes so try a really hard five minute massage. You can even do this yourself!

Also if you wear glasses, wear them more often to relax the eyes.

What has probably happened is you were triggered by this when having fun with your boyfriend but you just need to cancel the negativity and remain positive!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thankyou for the responses every one I honestly appreciate it soo much!

I honestly cant come to terms with this dizziness though ive had enough...its petrifying to me its all so scary too me xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Worrying about it only makes it worse! I have been dizzy with anxiety since December but it only took me to say "okay I feel dizzy because I am anxious and I haven't been sleeping very well" for me to take my mind off it and to be able to stop being dizzy. My worrying made it worse. Do try the massages though I find it gives me instant relief.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been dizzy more or less every day since last September! I have learned that when it is particularly bad it is a sign i need to look at my stress in the days up to and including that time and to slow down, take a bath, do some relaxation, change p,ans so i am not overdoing things etc etc.... But i have still managed to find and start a new job during all this with the help of medication from the doc which has been a lifesaver for me. You just have to find what works best for you, but as much as it terriefies you, keep telling yourself it can't hurt you... Eventually your brain will believe it and recovery will start
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi tracie not to be nosy but did you get meds  off the Dr to help with your dizziness ? Same as everyone it's the dizziness I can't handle stops me from doing so much xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Not nosey at all they are called prochlororperazine. Doctors use them for vertigo and labyrinthitis and the dosage i have is 5mg.  I can take up to 3 a day whenever i feel i need them and i have not experienced any side effects. When the doctor first gave them to me i resisited taking them for a long time and the dizziness got out of my control and was causing terrible panic attacks. I suffer with health anxiety and panic disorder and i have a dreadful fear of side effects from new medication but it got so bad i decided to try them and called my mother to come and sit with me while i tried one for the first time. It took about 20 minutes to work and i was fine for a few hours, no side effects and helped me to calm down. I now use them occassionally when i have to go somewhere and don't want the dizziness to trouble me but manage without them at home where i am no longer scared of the dizziness because i know it can't hurt me and no one can see me if i have to sit down and take a break and do some deep breathing.... Hope this helps x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have raised blood pressure but it is well controlled by medication.... I have had blood tests done and been tested for various things for years and had my ears checked. I am waiting for an appointment to see the neurologist but it looks as though it is all just down to anxiety
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine reads between 120 and 140 on top and 70 to 90 on the bottom. I was on 300 mg Irbesartan but been reduced to 150 now and bendroflumethiazide, not sure think its 5 mg dose
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

good readings tracie,  good luck ,30 mins on the ex bike brings mine down abit so better with excercise, damn anxiety we have to accept it. I just can.t get my head around it and woorry about bp all day long 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

She is ok thanks, left disabled but feisty woman! It has yaken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that every little twinge is not a sign of an impending stroke for me too.... But it pays to keep an eye on it. It's hard finding a balance between watching yourself and obsessing with your health
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes you don.t have to tell me Tracie, I think I have got ocd checking bp too manytimes a day not good, I know I must put the monitor away it causes so much anxiety and gets you no where at all, you are only very young did you say 23 ?   so time is well on your side x  
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No i think the original poster was 23 i am 46!  I check mine a few times a week, at the most once a day and sometimes i go for weeks without... But never several times a day. It would trigger my anxiety more i think
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up