I did UFE one year ago and still have 2 big fibroid 135.9mm and 150.6 mm

Posted , 3 users are following.

My uterus is like 22 weeks, they want to do hisyerectomy, i don't know if i should go for second UFE or try to take esmya and see if i can get it shirink them look for myimectomy.

Im desperate!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brigitte 

Have you asked your consultant about the option of a myomectomy if you don't want to lose your uterus?

I am 39, with no plans for children. I also had two large fibroids (19cm and 11cm) and am now 5 weeks post myomectomy and recovering well. I had to take a course of Esmya pre-op in the hope of shrinking in them, however it had no effect. This meant I had a vertical incision as the fibroids reached above my belly button. I think at the size of yours any shrinkage will be minimal and may not ease your symptoms. However, you should give it a go as it's non-invasive and any shrinkage is advantageous if you also op for surgery.

I spent a lot of time researching my options and speaking with my consultant about my specific case before making a decision. And really felt strongly that hysterectomy shouldn't be my first choice. I'd advise you also read around, but most importantly speak with your consultant who can let you know the pros and cons in your case and with your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi, you should ask for a second opinion as they can't force you to have hysterectomy, I think it is easier for them. A good option for you will proudly be the open myomectomy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.