I do not want drugs for sleep, I want natural way, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have not been sleeping right for the past 10 months.  I always wake up at the same time no matter when I go to sleep. For example I go to sleep at 10pm, I wake up at 3:00 am, 11 pm , same, 3:00 am. After that I can not sleep.  Right now I have headaches and stomache problems (i poop 5 times a day and always gassy) and I have heavy acid reflux.  How do I cure my insomnia naturally without addictive medicine? Can psychologist and accupunture do it?  thanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Try L-theanine supplement. Over the counter, safe and no side effect. Effect is quick. Have sleeping problems too and I tried this based on good reviews. So far I am able to fall asleep right away after taking it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Suntheanine l theanine. But if you are on any sedatives or anxiety meds make sure its okay to use it, 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you want zero meds or suppliments. What about trying something different. De clutter your bedroom. if possible rotate your bed in the room to a different location. Make the room all tidy and dark for bedtime. If possible maybe go for a message. Not feeling so well with digestive issues can alter sleep too. Maybe when your stomach calms down youll feel better. Gassy bellies ruin sleep too. Have you seen the doctor for your stomach issues?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Elevate your head on a few pillows and sleep on your left side. That helps a lot. You will see as you self calm yourself and find stuff that makes you happy your belly will become happier as well. Everything connects itself somehow. Try to eat small meals through the day that are healthy. Be very sure to drink lots of water.Feel good and try everything you can to have fun, laugh and enjoy yourself. Even the smallest things are good if they make you smile. Micah has some great ideas too.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Heavy acid reflux! There is the problem. If it's bad it can cause serious problems and the medicine doesn't always work. Especially if you were prescribed Rantidine... that stuff really doesn't help. How many medicines did you try? I've had a similar experience. My throat collapsed. GERD cause perceived anxiety, panic attacks and all sorts of problems. Please see a gastronologist and get endoscopy done.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had same issue when I consulted a doctor about strong stomach acidity, loss of appetite and lost weight so quickly. I was prescribed omeprazole but I don't think my body responds well to the med. All my blood tests were normal. Now I am back with some appetite somehow. It could be probably due to stress. Maybe you can try lessening work load or stay away from things that stress you? Or listen to relaxing music, exercise 30 minutes a day. Do not skip breakfast. Oatmeal helps heal the stomach acidity. I read broccoli, ginger help too with stomach issues. What helped me too was to eat every 4 hours even just small meals and eat slowly too.

Hope this works for u, let us know. Sending u healing thoughts.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I suggest progressive muscle relaxation technique before going to bed ... It really helps you to breathe away the stress and helps sleep much better.

Hope this helps

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you tried melatonin? You could go to a health food market and see what they have for natural supplements to take for insomnia.  Have you tried aromatherapy? Try using lavender scent in your room, works for me. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up