I don't even know

Posted , 3 users are following.

The last couple of months I've been doing really well. Got a new job started CBT & was feeling really positive.

It's all started going wrong lately, my therapist decided to discharge me after only 4 sessions - despite me starting to feel better I don't think I was ready to be discharged. Work have advertised & starting interviewing for my job, it was a temp position that may have gone permanent but they have not told me they will not be keeping me on or even given me an end date they just started bringing people in for interviews & now I just feel like I don't want to be here & they don't want me here. I've had nothing but positive feedback so don't understand why this is happening.

I've started applying for other jobs but I just hate this cycle.

I feel like I've got nothing left to give I'm tired & drained & fed up.

I'm 25 with no friends no boyfriend no kids no career. I literally have no interest in anything. I hate work but I've been an Administrator for 9 years I don't know what else I can do as I don't have a passion for anything like most people do. My life has absolutely no direction & I don't know what else to do.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI yasmine, It's rubbish when you're in a job that you hate.  Is there nothing about it you like?  Is there any way you can get out of there or apply elsewhere, you just need a lucky break, maybe re-train or something.  I had to pull out of my work 5 years back as I had a wheat intolerance I didn't know about so kept getting sick at work.  I've now gone back to volunteering recently and am changing job completely, so there is a way forward.  My new work will allow for my illness, which can sometimes really affect my life.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I', glad to hear you've found something that will work better for you.

Yeah I'm going to see what other options I have & hopefully I'll be able to get into something I'll actually enjoy.

Take care x 

• Posted

Hi Yasmeen,  yes I think I may have got somewhere now hopefully life will pick up but I'm not exceptionally hopeful.  I hope you find a sense of happiness that helps you. 

• Posted

I hate that. I got discharged from a mental health institution by 10 days.  I was  back to square one being suicidal. My suggestion is get a new therapist. Advocate for yourself and what you need. It can be hard, but sometimes that is necessary to do especially with your health in mind. My experience is after advocating, got to a new institution, I still struggle with depression, but I'm much better now with a good therapist. But also, if insurance is getting in the way, still advocate for yourself.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.