I don’t feel happy

Posted , 2 users are following.

It’s been two months since my breakup with my girlfriend.. I’ve gone on a couple of dates with a guy but ended it with him cause... I can’t help but not feel that connection I did with my ex. I’m wanting to go out with another guy but I’m afraid. I’ve recently been afraid of not being in a relationship but once I’m in something I get scared. I’m not happy... I want my ex back. She still tells me that she loves me. I still love her... we broke up cause she’s been suicidal lately and she wants the time to focus on herself and cause she can’t handle a relationship. We dated for a year and a half... best relationship I’ve ever been in.... I’m trting so hard to be there for her as a friend but it’s painful. She wants to get back together in the future but not rn... rn she wants time to focus on herself and once she’s better she still wants to see other people then me... so I’m trying to get myself out there but I don’t feel as safe as I do in another persons arms as I did in here... I don’t feel as complete and it rips me apart... I... I don’t know what to do... I’ve been taking Zoloft for three months now which is helping but... I’m just not happy... I want her. I hurt... 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this all. Let her have her time focusing on herself, for it would make her happier. I know it is hard to let a loved one go, but it's easy when it makes them happier. Since you're friends with her now, don't try too hard to get close again, because she wouldn't like it. Once she regains herself, let her choose the guy she wants first, it may be you. After she regains herself, make her feel appreciated and loved. If she leans to another guy, perhaps you should let go. Because perhaps she wants to change things. However, don't let that affect. Maybe you're not yet ready to move on, so have some time for yourself. It is okay to still love her, but remember to love yourself more. Maybe she isn't the one for you if she wants to let go. Perhaps you should move on, as harsh as it sounds... just move on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.