I don't feel like doing anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Graves' disease April 2015. Since then my whole life changed. 

I had to leave my job. Couldn't take stress and was always tired. 

I simply don't feel like doing anything. I don't know if this is because of Graves' disease. I used to be very energetic outgoing. Now I always prefer to sit and do nothing. Time passes. Days pass. Now years even pass without noticing it. I just don't feel like doing anything whatsoever 

Anyone knows if this is to do with thyroid or I need to see any other Doctor. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi What treatment did you have? I was very similar, lost my job, family and friends. It was a difficult time but gettinf back on track now. Have you thought about anti depressants? Are you having regular blood tests? X
    • Posted

Hello Emma

Hope you get well too. 

I'm on neomercazole 15 mg daily. Since august2017 my levels are all within range. 

I am avoiding anti depressants because I don't want to face their side effects. 

Yesterday I asked the doctor and he advised me to go on serotonin and avoid all white things (sugar , flour, gluten , etc) 

He said 70-80% of serotonin is produced in the gut. When we heal our gut ,it produces serotonin at the required levels again. 

Serotonin is the happy hormone as he  mentioned. 

Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

Thats great news . I just know with myself graves disease gave with general anxiery diaorder so going on citalopram was a life saver. I also took serotonin and vit d. It takes time to recover and you will get there. Xx
  • Posted

You may have Graves .. but Hey  you don’t need to suffer for ever .. there is plenty you can do to stop this disease from making your life miserable .

Become  Empowered .. and make an Appt to have your bloods taken 

And have your vitamin and mineral levels tested too

You haven’t said you’ve been treated for Graves   And if so 

what with   ?

Come back on here with your blood results ... they are YOURS so insist on a printed Copy

When we see the results we can advise you better

By the way before you go down the route of antidepressants 

Please try to eat well  .. good healthy food not processed and try to hold out fir a better diagnosis .. ie   To know exactly where you are with this 

Don’t overwork .. lie down often in prone position .. ask friends or family to help you and try to get someone who loves you to accompany you to doctors appts.

All the symptoms you mention are Graves typical and I had them and many more also .. you’re on the right track now ..’so don’t wander off the path ..

Try to remain positive  I’ve been in remission fir two years and I couldn’t feel better ..... do don’t you dare give in to this 

You  will get better .. 

research research and research

Good luck  

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

I feel the same way. I've never been lazy a day in my life until recently. I find it hard to move. Simple things seem like huge impossible things. I just took bloods for hyper. I'm praying this is my problem. Weightloss(from 130 to 94) sweating, night sweats, dry skin, irritated eyes and vision, palapatations ect...at first symptoms were almost doable, but have been getting so much worse. Now I'm also suffering from insomnia. I see 4-4:30am every night. Can't hardly stand it anymore. Plz let me know if you get some relief

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.