I don't know how to cope

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I am a 24 year old female and I think i am suffering from anxiety. I have suffered from depression but came off the tablets about 2 years ago. I still feel like I have it but i don't want to rely on tablets. On top of this I got promoted 6 months ago to assistant manager so much more responsibility. About the same time me and my partner had broke up and I moved back in with my mom. My puppy had to be put down just before I moved out aswell. I have always been afraid of being on my own and not in a relationship but i managed fine as work was my main concern. I met my current boyfriend about a month after I moved out and everything is going great still. We also found out my dad has Parkinsons Disease and is incurable. Lately I have been getting an overwhelming feeling of fear and uncertainty about work mostly. I constantly feel like crying and I don't know why. I dread waking up every morning knowing I have work. The support system is aweful at work, the manager hasn't trained me properly and left me in the deep end with most things. I have had to figure things out on my own. I feel sick also and get alot of headaches before, during and after work. I never feel good enough and although my boyfriend is a great support I feel like one day I will push him away if I don't get help. I feel like I don't know whats wrong with me and worried that if I go to the doctors they will say I need to go off sick to recover as I would feel so guilty about it with work. I feel like I am stuck in a deep hole and can't climb out. I get hot and cold flushes and my chest tightens. I also get irritable with myself and others. What do you think I should do guys? Thank you in advance for any replies x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

go to the doctors and talk to them, you dont have to go on tablets, they will recommend other options. they wont sign you off work unless you are deep in depression, i dont think you have it badly, just need a little help. you can try talking to samaritans, you can call them any time you want, and just talk about all the stuff that is weighing you down x
  • Posted

hi tinyhaley. wow i can relate to this.. you have and are going through alot at the moment one thing after the other! you need to do something before you burn out hun x can you take some time off work maybe take some of your hoildays you need to STOP and take some time out to get back on track! all of this will not be good for your mental health . maybe a month off work on sick but of course your choice! they did the same thing to me at my last job , you are good enough if they have employed you to do your postion . i hope this helps alittle, hang in there girl alot of this is your anxiety but i am not surprised with what ur going through , see your gp he can tell you of any help out there such as groups or councilling , julie x
  • Posted

I can relate to Hun.

this is exactly the way I was feeling just before my breakdown.

I felt harassed and unhappy but was to busy to give it my full attention.

My trigger was a needlestick injury at work. Normally I would of just dealt with this in a rational matter but because of everything else going on in my life,it tipped me over the edge.

Please don't get to this point. Do whatever you need to do to get the time out you need now before you end up in a place you will struggle to get back from. Don't worry about how this will effect those at work. At times like this,you need to look after number one xx

• Posted

Hi

I agree you need to go the doctor. There is a lot of stuff out there other than meds although I have to say, meds have helped keep my anxiety more under control than I  ever could myself, you can take meds with or without time off work, I have done it both ways. There is also CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) and if you can get the right person you can learn a lot of strategies that can help your anxiety. I am 55 now and only a year or so ago learned that I suffer from generalised anxiety disorder, and catastrophise everything ( my son died when he was 12, this has been going on since then 22yrs ago) once I knew that and learned how to deal with it my anxiety levels are much more bearable, I still take the anti d's as well tho, its not perfect but I have felt the best I have felt about managing my anxiety than I ever have. The most important thing for me is to find somebody to talk to, verbalise what is going thru your mind, write it down as sometimes this helps too. I would like to add there is no shame in taking medication for depression or anxiety if you need it take it, just remember tho sometimes it may make you feel worse before you get better. I hope this is of help good luck and take care.

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your replies. I am happy in knowing I am not the only one going through this. I have made the decision to book a doctors appointment and hopefully see what goes from there. I cant thank you all enough for all your help thank you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.