I don't know how to deal with the stress anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm sorry to just join and spurt out all but I dont know what to do. I get so stressed and I just dont know how to stop/deal with it. Im very much drowning. I'm training to be a veterinary nurse which involves working full time at an understaffed vets surgery whilst studying for the copious amount of exams, essays and experience logging. Work is so stressful as I am literally doing the work of aout 3 nurses. I could voice my concerns but what can they do? They need more nurses but there is a shortage.Thats what makes me stress more is that actually NOTHING can be done to fix it.  Thanks for listening guys. Sorry about the bold and italics at the end I can't seem to switch it off. 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its fine this is the place to post ur problems that affect so many talk about it with your partner or close friends that's what they are for,all I can say is its great to have a great opportunity for such a great career and will be hard and a struggle but I'm sure you will be OK stress hits us all some more than others and some with nothing to stress about so write down things worrying u and take a little time out for itself how ever little it may be good luck
    • Posted

Thank you nick. I do tell my partner and friend but everyone says they are stressed these days don't they so people just brush off like yeah you'll get over it. I'm not getting over it though. It's not leaving sad
    • Posted

No brush it off is not an answer but people are blind to it unless they suffer stress is one thing of course everyone has stress but an actual prolonged thing needs to be treated and I know how you feel mines not leaving or leftbi fight it every day write down your positive and negative thoughts and compare also ur feelings you can be your best friend sounds silly but u uuderstand itself know ur problems then maybe use it to talk about it with someone or least understand it more and see someone ull be OK its so hard but its in the mind and not physical even though it feels like it take care
    • Posted

Sent message reply to this don't know if it went stress is one thing seems like you going through more so hold in there and write down all your symptems and how you feel see how often you feel certain things and go overnitb even with itself cuz u understand more than anyone then u can try discus it with someone professional or personal no one gets it trust me just way it is why you get fed up talking about it makes you stress more take care NICK
  • Posted

I am not surprised you are stressed with all that going on.  Anybody would feel the same.  That is such a difficult situation.  Well done for wanting to do such a worthwhile job.  I do hope the stress eases.
  • Posted

I have met some vet nurses doing volunteering and they are all fabulous people.  Keep your spirits up this work experience will stand you in good stead in the future.

I hope you can manage without pills because they really  make you more tired.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.