I don't know if I'm depressed or not I'm scared to talk about it

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I have been feeling this way for 2 years and a half maybe, I don't think anynody cares but I thought giving this a try..The thing is that lately I'm habing thoughts of ending my life because I'm just so worthless I believe that there's no point in life! And then I feel guilty because I'm lucky to have a family and a bed to sleep at night and there are much more important things to worry about..Please be kind I feel so sad and empty

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Irene have you spoken to somebody about how you feel and what makes you feel this way. If you don't want to spill the bean on here and some dont. Try private message someone you can build a rapport with. there are so many characters on here all with our own stories,

You need to talk to your GP/Doctor and get them to help. I m not sure where you are based Irene but there are a number of place you can get help in the UK

• Posted

Dear irene, I agree with Jimmy, you must talk to your GP as soon as you. Possibly can, sometimes we feel that we have no reason to be down and depressed, it is a chemical imbalance that can be helped, so please, please talk to someone you trust as soon as possible... Take care, a big to you, Deirdre xx
    • Posted

Dear deirdre and Jimmy thanks for you concern and your advice. I thought about talking to somebody about this since I have been feeling like this for a long time but I'm scared that this is just me acting like a "baby" and I'm afraid of what others might say. Actually I remember trying talking about my problem to people that are close to me but nobody seemed to understand. I feel like I'm being a burdain to everyone so I remained silent for most of the time. But I just got so tired of feeling like this.
    • Posted

Its hard to talk to people that are emotional involved I think . They tend to want to solve the problems for you which of course whilst it sounds helpful it isnt and just puts more pressure on you. Someone whos impartial that can guide you to think and adopt a different view, but with out you feeling pressured to take their advice is key.

Its about how you can sort it not anyone else

• Posted

Hope things are settling down for you Irene
  • Posted

Dear irene, I still feel that you need to talk to someone, MIND are an avery good organization to get in touch with also of course the incredible SAMARITANS, however, I am sure your family would rather you open up to them, than hold your unhappiness in and feel isolated.. please talk tosomeone soon ( and of course your GP ) people will understand I promise you, in my thoughts, take care , Deirdre xx
  • Posted

.hi irene sorry to hear your having such problems ! have you been to your doctor lately and if so are you on any medication  because if you are they may not be agreeing with you hence the suicidal thoughts please go back to your doctor and tell him how you are feeling ! simeone i knew told me to look at my family.around me and think about how they would feel if i  did something stupid ! so please go and see your doctor and i wish you well david x
  • Posted

Dear irene, please let us know how you are feeling, take the new year by the day, and hopefully each one will improve.... sometimes it is one step forwards, two steps back, but you can... and will make ground,, never ever, ever give up hope... I wish you a happy and peaceful 2015... . Kind Regards to you... Deirdre xx
  • Posted

Hi Irene I agree with the others - you need to see a doctor and them him/her about this as it does sound like depression especially with suicidal thoughts like this.

Often those closest to you don't understand but you might find others who do.  That's what I have found anyway.   Having depression is nothing to be ashamed of and your doctor will have heard all this a thousand times.   It is not your fault so please don't run yourself down.  It is an illness like any other and needs treatment.  After all if you broke your leg you would look for treatment wouldn't you?  

Not all doctors are very sympathetic though so try and pick one you think would be (I have found generally female doctors best at this).   If the first one you talk to isn't helpful then please don't give up and see another one.   The first one I saw told me he thought I was an 'uptight' person and just gave me sleep leaflets.  I did eventually go to see another doctor who was great.   Stay with us here coz this is a great site and we all understand mental health issues and we will support and help you all we can.  You are no longer alone my love.  Let us know how you get on please.  Bev x

• Posted

Hey Irene....I am sorry u had to go through all these problems.....but irene please don say that nobody cares.....there are people who care....from what I know....u said u had a family....so I bet the care as much as you care for them too...you are very special and unique.....don let anyone tell you otherwise....no one can ever replace you on this earth.....and pls don feel alone because...if u feel like no one is there....and remember....God is always there for you....he is the only one who can completely understand....he will help you....but u must let him....and try going to see a doctor or some close family members or friends and tell them about how youre feeling it's not good to keep it all in....and pls remember that....God loves u with an unconditional love....pls don give up on this amazing life he has given you....Jesus loves you...take care....how are you doing now??
  • Posted

Hello Irene.

Please don't worry or feel bad. It doesn't matter what or who you have in your life...depression has no preference....it can hit anybody. Just look at all these film stars who seemingly have everything but they still succumb to it. It is one of those things that can effect anybody,regardless.

So many of us have felt just the way you are feeling and it may take time to get over but the majority of people work through and beat it. 

Im not sure if you have spoken to your doctor but just having the support and reassurance off a professional person can sometimes help. You are not alone and the feelings will pass.

If you can start and end your day with some positive self talk,that will work wonders. It may seem false and you may not believe what you are telling yourself at first but eventually your mind will recognise the words as positives.

Set yourself little goals..it doesn't have to be anything major or overwhelming...just something as simple as making the bed each day to start with...eventually your mind will recognise all these actions as the norm and as positives....Build up at your own pace. Find the right balance between relaxation and activity and find somebody who you can have a good chat with,even if it's just once a week. Get all them thoughts and feelings out there. I wish you all the best and wants you to know that we are here for you xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian, brilliant advice, I must try that myself,

Irene, please,please look after your and also be kind to yourself, life will get better, never give up, we all need and deserve peace of mind.d and a joyous heart, ... best wishes to all on all these forums.... the support offered is SECOND TO NONE,,, LOVE TO ALL. Deirdre, xx

• Posted

Dear all, I have decided to go see a doctor. I don't know if I am suffering from depression or not, I don't know what is this but it's time I talked to someone about this. I kept my mouth shut for 2 years and I feel drained I can't take this anymore. I hope this works though because I'm just so tired of feeling like this. I feel like there is no point of getting out of bed, going out, I feel like I don't matter and if I disappear the universe won't notice. And the worst part of this is that this is all my fault there's no one else to blame so I have to fix it myseld and I don't know if I can. 
  • Posted

Hi Irene, you are very precious, no matter what you are facing, whatever your circumstances God loves you and wants you to be happy.

He is a loving, forgiving and happy God who will soon end all pain,

suffering and unhappiness. Don't give up on your life and the things you can do now and the amazing future you can have.

Confide your troubles, worries to Him and pray for peace and truth. It may feel impossible now but your efforts to keep going will be worth it. Take each day one at a time, little goals, think positively. Take care of your health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.