I don't know what I should do. Anxiety problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 17 years old. I Started having anxiety 24:7 since the death of my Bestfriend on Jan 28. It's horrible. I have physical pain 24:7 currently I am NOT on medication. However, I just started seeing a therapist. My doctor said anxiety because before the death I haven't had any symptoms or anything . And death can't make you medically sick especially if I gotten a physical a week before he passed

Im having problems with my throat. It feels like there's something in back/side of my tongue that's heavy. Sometimes can hear it when I swallow. Feels weird when I swallow. Feels hot sometimes and dry. Also feels itchy too and when I think about it, it worsens. I feel like I have some food that hasn't gone down. It's so weird and I'm freaking out

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can make you physically ill. Look up somatic symptom disorder.

Somatic illness causes the body to physically react to psychological stress

by causing physical symptoms, like the symptoms you've described.

Hope this helped!

• Posted

Hope you're ok!

First of anxiety can make you ill, dry throat, tired, lump in you're throat and sometime even upset your tummy!

The best thing for you I think would be to speak to someone about your loss as that's probably what's causing it! You'll find it a lot more easier to cope with if you have someone to support you!

Are you seeing a therapist regularly?

I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

I'm starting to start therapy. There's also a sharp pain in my throat, I'm a senior in high school and worrying about a lot that's coming up so maybe that's why I have anxiety every day ?

Does / willl this be like this all day everyday forever?

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I had the same experience when I was a little older than you are. It can be quite devastating. In my case I felt rather like a zombie for many, many months. This was back in the pre-therapist days (unless you were cetitfiably insane).

Have you allowed yourself to cry? Possible that that is causing the lump in your throat that you feel. People process grief in different ways. It's good that you will be seeing a therapist. In time you will be able to come to grips with the loss. Life is made up of many, but good things as well. Try not to stress about school. Just do the best you can. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much , I feel zombie like . Like I'm in an illusion . It's hard to explain . Hopefully it stops
    • Posted

If this is the first close friend you have lost your feelings are totally normal. I think it can probably be considered a type of shock. Ask your therapist about that. In time you will feel like your self. You will always miss your friend, but loss is a part of life that you will learn to accept. It hits very hard when you are young.
    • Posted

Yes the first person to ever pass away close to me . I think it's shock but I'm confused it's so annoying . Don't know what's next . If I'll feel like this forever or remain with anxiety or what . I never had it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.