I don't know what's happening to me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone experience what i do?

Towards the end of the day when I'm standing making the dinner i feel as if the floors moving and off balance I get through making the dinner but feel emotionally shattered and weak i have a job to eat. I really don't know if this is part of anxiety that's why i ask if anyone else feels like this who suffers. i'm finding it really hard to cope with this. any replies would be gratefully received thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Any of these symptoms are anxiety related. Remember that everyone has this sort of thing happen to them occasionally. However what you have done is focus in on it and are now expecting it to happen everyday….and therefore it is. Your body is really following what is whirling around in your brain ( even if you don't mean to think about it you are).

The art of coping is accepting that it is going to happen for now. Try not to worry before hand and when it does happen accept it….As for not eating…well you won't starve so eating only a little will not hurt you….

All this takes time….

Anxiety is awful. I only reply to these letters as I have been down that harsh road and come out the other side.

• Posted

Hello looptheloop, thank you I really appreciate your reply and support. Your absolutely right i think i do wait for it to happen. I have just been into town shopping but could only manage 3 shops as they sent me dizzy then I feel sick as if I've been on a merry go round and this time i wasn't even thinking about it but i did say to myself.' you know this happens so just float past it and let it happen' but having said that its really unnerving when you feel off balance and nausea whilst out.

I feel I've lost my independence and cant go anywhere without my husband. I hope to get my life back but its taking its time.

Thank you looptheloop xx

• Posted

Sounds like you're taking anti-anxiety medication. If you don't mind me asking, are you by chance.
  • Posted

No I don't take any anxiety medicine at all. Many years ago I had 2 weeks worth of a mild tranquilliser to initially help. I think it did a little. However after that I read books, went to relaxation classes. Absolutely believed in what I was told and turned round from someone who had to sit by the door at college. Was terrified of any outing and all that life controlling horror to a person who has had a good career and is able to travel on aeroplanes and drive where I want to and if necessary catch a bus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.