I don't know what's wrong with me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought I would join a forum page to see if anyone else feels the way I do or experiences any of the symproms I do.

For the past 3 months now I have had the feeling that I cannot breathe. It began when my parents were away on holiday and I had to look after the house on my own. It is always in the evenings or at night when I am in bed but I think I got so anxious being on my own and feeling like I couldn't breathe I started to think "what do I do, no one is here to help me..what if I die no one will know" etc. All thoughts that make the anxiety and symptoms worse.

It's started to happen in the car now too and I have actually experienced a panic attack in the car and had to turn around and head back to my boyfriends house.

I'm so sick of feeling this way, I feel emotionally drained and dread going to bed. Anyone have any advice. I really would like to overcome this without having to rely on medication.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone! I am going through all that you just described and more, that's why I'm up at this time of the morning. One I go to a therapist once a week. I've started working out, and it seems to make me feel a little better but not all the way. I try and focus my thoughts elsewhere as soon as I start thinking in the direction that going to make me panic. At this point in my life I feel like this is going to kill me or run me crazy😢

I have started to read the Bible, I play the Bible when I'm driving in my car, and I'm going to start playing it when I go to bed. They try and put me on medications but I refuse to because of all of the side effects., and I once was on medication that made me feel much better but all I did was sleep and eat. My normal weight is 140-145 i when up to 182, so I had to stop ? I told my psychiatrist I'd rather be crazy then to weigh 200lbs. I've stayed in the house for days afraid to go outside. As soon as you start thinking like this start doing something around the house. Read anything that's going to take your mind off of how you are feeling. I have a dog and it helps me also. Seems as though she can tell when I'm feeling bad and she'll come get right under me. Don't do caffeine, chocolate, or anything with a ton of sugar in it. This can trigger episodes. Take deep breaths in through your nose, and hold your lips as if you are blowing through a straw and blow out very slowly. One last thing if you have a smart phone download a meditation app it works wonders. GOOD LUCKY

• Posted

Loubielou

Many sufferes of Anxiety worry over what if I die in various situations. I feel w need to ask ourselves WHY. We cannot do anything about, when you die that is it, you have no way to see what situation we have left. Yes it is lonley to die alone, It may be not lonely when you are dead. We have genrally no way to negotiate our time of death, when it is our time we go.

In the historic past Victorians would not lie down to go to sleep, they would sleep sitting up as they felt  to lie down they would die, that now would seem irrational.

you die when it is our time, sitting lieing, running or walking. We can also die been with our partners saying good night, when you die you die, that is the end It is what it is death.

If not all ready talk to your GP and look for some form of relief, CBT may be offered and you will hopefully be offered coping skills

Talk to your GP, I am on my own now, what if ??

Live your life if you feel you are bad give us a call, someone is always around

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I find that music is really helping me at the moment. It helps to calm me down and even singing helps take my mind off everything.

I'm always thinking to myself just live your life and don't let this control me and I am determined to get through this. smile

• Posted

Live for the day, remember to be nice to those who love you and your friends you have made and kept. When we do die those left will remember you and the many good times they have had with you. Their memories keep  you alive, 
  • Posted

I really think u shud see ur gp he might give u other advice different to meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.