I don’t know what’s wrong with me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven’t felt like myself in months. I can’t even remember the last time I did. It’s been at least 4 months. There are times where I don’t feel as bad as others, but there are times where it’s so bad, I can’t help but think negatively. I try to think of all the good in my life, but is ultimately brought down by one thing, my mom. I know every teen says this, but I used to be really close with my mom. We talked about everything and she was there for me. She is a very opinionated person when it comes to metal problems. She thinks it’s all in your head. When I first was having these problems, I went to her for help. She brushed me off and said that I wasn’t getting enough vitamins and that was the problem. She constantly puts me down and calls me names like a selfish a**hole. That’s probably the name that hurts the most. I never speak my mind with her because I know I’ll only be digging the hole deeper. But it’s at a point where I don’t know what to do. I don’t have hope. I’m barely here. I’m barely hanging on. Can someone please give me advice on what to do?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If I were you I would definitely go see a therapist whether it was behind your moms back or whatever but mental problems are not to be taken lightly. Continue to think as positive as you can no matter how hard it seems. Try to keep busy because it sounds like you are definitely depressed and maybe even consider taking medication that seems to help a lot of people going through what you are. Hope this gets better ! 
    • Posted

Thank you. I will try. My moods just change so fast where one moment, I feel semi ok but then it tears me down the next. I will try to find happiness in what I do in each day. 
    • Posted

If I were you I would definitely ask about gene sight testing. It kind of helps to eliminate the trial and error period with medications if you do decide to go on meds. I’ve been where you are and it does get better you just have to hang in there! 
  • Posted

Oh Katie, what a sad story. You say you and your mum were once close. I wonder what happened to change that? Maybe your mum has her own stuff going on. I'm sorry that when you reached out to her, she didn't give you the understanding you need. Maybe she just doesn't know how to respond on on an emotional level and doesn't know how to deal with it. Some people don't. When your mum calls you horrible names, just say to her in a calm voice : please don't call me that, I find it really upsetting. You don't have to be rude or fall out. Just get your point across. Talk to a friend or maybe your doctor. Good luck, Donna x

• Posted

Thank you so much. I will tell her that next time she starts to yell. She has just been ignoring me for the past three days. She only talks to me when she wants something done like dishes or taking the dog outside. Then she’ll talk my brother up and ask him how is day was and what he did and so on. It makes me feel unwanted and not needed. Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement. I will try to put more effort into myself. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your post Katie, I felt sad to read that your mum is now ignoring you. It's not fair on you and I totally understand how you feel. I think anyone would feel the same. I'm sure you mum loves you very much and as I said earlier I sense maybe something going on for her. I think the way forward is through communication but choose you time as to when you do this. You could start the conversation with something like : mum, I used to love it when we were really close... Keep me posted and chin up! Donna x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.