I don't know what to do

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel like my 'title' summarises everything. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel hopeless and just ridiculously sad. I feel as though there's a dark cloud consuming me and my anxiety doesn't help.

I can't bear talking to anybody and I really don't want to go back to sixth form next week.

I feel so ashamed to admit the amount of times i've considered self harming, although I know i would never do it, I just feel so ashamed of myself.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Im sorry for feeling the way you feel. I think should help immediately, the faster you seek for help the faster the recovery. You can start by going to your family doctor tell him exactly who you feel and ask your doctor for a referral to either a counselour or a psychologist.
    • Posted

I've gone to the GP where i was initially diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Since then, it's gotten worse and because i'm only 17, I was directed towards a therapist. This was a month ago and I did finally pluck up the courage to call the therapist a few days ago, i just feel like my life is spiralling out of control
  • Posted

Hi there must be a counsellor at your school or college you could go to.  Have you considered that?  It might help.  x
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. I did consider it, but I just don't feel comfortable talking to somebody within my sixth form.
  • Posted

Talk to someone.  You don't have to feel this way I promise.  My daughter went  through something similar.  There is lots of help through school, your GP, friends and maybe your parents? I really feel for you
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, genuinely appreciate it. I spoke to my GP (Who diagnosed me with depression and anxiety) - As i stated above, i finally plucked up the courage to call, after one month, and I had a sort of mini phone 'interview' about everything. I just have to wait for the appointment.

I can't seem to talk to my parents nor friends. I'm just not confident in doing so and I can't pluck up the courage to do it. As terrible as it sounds, I would rather shut everybody out ,

• Posted

Just remember it is your depression that is making you feel like you should shut others out.

Ignore it.  Once you have told your family you will have such a sense of relief plus you will get good support,

I was first diagnosed with depression at 15 and my mum got me through it all, she learnt all about it and right up until she died she was my rock.  Try to talk them - maybe send a text saying you have something you would like to talk to them about and that way you can't pull out last minute.  If you have a good family they will want to help and support you.

My mum did.  And I do for my daughter,

Hope the appointment comes through soon.

• Posted

I wish I could talk to my mum, but she had depression as a child and when i tried confronting her about it - she said that 'i had nothing to be depressed about' My family is pretty complicated, so i know they'd never fully support me, especially since i put a happy facade when i'm around them.
    • Posted

Your mum should be more understanding about the stresses you're under; worrying about exams, your future etc.

You must get on a course of medication to see things more rationally.

You may be too poorly to benefit from counselling presently .

• Posted

I wish that she would, but like me she's one of those people who avoids 'difficult' situations and I didn't attempt talking to her afterwards because I know she'd just find an excuse about me having it.

I'm not sure if I will be given medication. My GP said because I'm oy 17, she wanted me to go through the councelling procedure first and from there they'd apparently decide.

I don't like talking about myself, so I feel like it won't exactly help but I'm willing to do anything to gradually overcome how I'm feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.