I don't know what to do

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm only a young teenager and I have been feeling really nauseous and scared for about 3 months and my Mum and Dad think that it is just my nerves and say I have anxiety. But I always feel like crying and being sick. We haven't been to the doctors about this yet because my Mum is too embarrassed. I'm also scared about growing up as I don't want anything to change and I don't want to leave home to go to university as I'm scared that something will happen to my family especially my Granny as she means the world to me. Please, help me if you know what is happening to me.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I went through the exact same feelings as a teenager. They are perfectly normal feelings and very common. But if you find that these feelings are seriously affecting your daily life you should speak with a doctor. If your mum doesnt want to go, take a friend or another family member if you feel you need support. Going to a doctor was the best thing I ever did and really helped me with my anxiety. Stay strong and remember this is just a phase, you will feel better.
  • Posted

Darling, can't you go to the doctor without your mum?

I don't suppose there's any chance you're pregnant, is there, sweetheart?

If you're quite sure there's no possibility of pregnancy, please be assured that LOADS of young people feel like you - it's a shock, thinking about the grown-up future. Your doctor can help. I don't know why your mum is embarrassed?

You can send me a Private Message if you want. I'm a nurse and have had four children, all grown up now, and I was a very anxious teenager myself. So bad that I had to be taken to school every day by my dad because I was even scared of the bus journey. My Head Teacher was brilliant. My parents talked to her and she told me to come to her office whenever I was worried, so I did, and she always just let me sit there, reading a book, and chatting to me.

Gradually the fear faded by itself, but I'm sure my Head Teacher's understanding had a lot to do with it. If you want to send me a (or anyone) a Private Message just click on the envelope icon under the sendere's name. xxxxxxx Tess

• Posted

you are turning into an adult and getting stress like a grown up. you childhood days are comming to an end, you think of the future not your care freeĀ pastĀ  as a child , It happens to us, all things cannot say the same for life or you would be a teen for ever
  • Posted

Ok This is Generalized Anxiety. 1.you are stressing on change.2.Your Granny is on your mind you are thinking about her passing away.am I right? I also did this.lost my mom.at 81.my mind would race at night.All kind of morbid thoughts.mostly bad .of dying.now my nausea is so bad.I take Zofran.It Helps.but Im sweating.in morning.Ive gone threw what u are going threw.Ok try to get your mind on something you like to do.I know its hard.I believe youll outgrow them I did. after I left my 1st bad relationship.id call my mom screaming mom Im dying" " I cant breath" did not have one for 10 yrs.then they came back.as I talk to you im in a attack now. hugz stay in Touch Please.theres deep breathing etc.but for me nothing works unless i go to sleep and it all begins again. much love.so this IS what is wrong

• Posted

Hey Jennifer,

Given the feelings you're having about leaving school and your Granny, and the fact that you're at a stressful point in your life, it is totally understandable that you're feeling sick, scared and on edge. You are most likely experiencing anxiety.

Although it is a common thing to go through, that doesn't mean it should take over your life the way it seems to be doing. Please go and see your doctor - your Mum should NOT be embarrassed, there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about! Anxiety is a normal response to stressful points in your life, and is something that millions of people suffer from.

See your doctor, and they will be able to re-assure you and recommend what steps you should take to start feeling like yourself again xxx

• Posted

Hi hon,Your hormones are changeing,plus soon you will be an adult. Both things can caus anxiety as so much change is going on in your body and you are about to become an adult. Your mom shouldnt be embarrassed and you shouldnt feel embarrassed by it,Im sure doctors see this all the time. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.